>Home

Monday, October 10, 2005

how to pronounce Kyrgyzstan?

I deflowered my new harness last Saturday!!! muhahaha it is no longer a virgin!!
And guess what, we had a new climber climbing with us, Meder from Kyrgyzstan!

You must be wondering how on earth did I hook up with an angmoh to climb. Hmm okay one fine day I was using computer at home when a guy messaged me on MSN. He said he saw my profile at rockclimbing.com and would like to tag along to try rockclimbing~ And so, that's the way the story goes~ Meder is a friendly guy, but maybe cos our group seldom interact with westerners in such an environment, that's why we felt a bit weird.. haha.. things like we need to talk more in English instead of Chinese, although surprisingly Meder understands a little Chinese! Hmm we must do our part as good host to our guest from Kyrgyzstan!

When we reached SAFRA Yishun I saw the whole NUS climbing team there... omgosh they were having training there on that particular Saturday. I waved hi to Alvin, Kesheng and Adrian.. and I saw Kumaran as well. The way Kumaran talked kinda pissed me off. He was like asking "What are you doing here?".. Do I look like some fanatics who can't get himself into the school team and keep tailing the school team whereever they go?? So I kind of put up my climber's pride and replied "I climb here every Saturday." "So you have your own gear and everything?" *nod nod* (muhahaha new Black Diamond harness!!) No wonder my brother dislikes school teams in general. Later when I told him about the incident he was telling me to join the competitions and beat the team.. But I'm just not the competitive kind of person. Why win at the expense of someone losing? Why can't everyone wins? Just like in our climbing clique where everyone's skill improves together. Anyway Kumaran was my OCS Wingmate, his climbing experience is nowhere near mine... muhahahaha (starting to get full of myself..)

Meder did one climb, I lead-climbed lane 1 white... the new harness is really shiok!! The padding, the gear loops... Wearing your own underwear is definitely better than sharing it with strangers right? (wrong analogy) But dunno why I had to rest for 3 times to complete the route.. still not comfortable with my hand positioning. Then Alex was leading to 4th panel when the raindrops came~! wahahaha he had to downclimb! Also dunno why I didn't lead-belay properly, maybe not used to belaying from a fixed harness. (I wanted to blame it on my new ATC.. but that's lame)Ho ho.. and Nicholl didn't touch the wall at all!! Ermm at least we all got ourselves complimentary climb due to the wet weather.

We had a very fast game of pool, thanks to Meder's superb skill. (that reminds me of Stephen Chow playing pool in rural areas.. haha)then had lunch at Northpoint. In between bites we asked Meder more about his home country... and I still dunno why Alex and Nicholl kept giving me that look on their faces.. yah yah they look like couples...

Shiok!! Nicholl gave me a lift on her giant BMW!! During the journey she was trying to psycho me to learn motor bike with her... yeeeks no way! First she psychoed me to buy harness.. now bike! NOOOO... then jokingly I told her to learn then I can pillion behind... and all out of sudden her face turned serious and said she won't pillion me on the bike lor... -_-" the temperature suddenly droped a few degrees...

Yes and ALEX!! He kept teasing me about me and Nicholl.. things like "nice ride with Nicholl?", "cos Nicholl use Black Diamond that's why you buy Black Diamond", "later you buy bike as well lor".... aRGH! And I still remember sometime ago he was saying things like Nicholl sounds like Nicole.... what the.....
Hey the more you push the idea over, the more the person will think about it and may even explore the possibility. NOOOO!! CANNOT!!! What if Nicholl really thinks that I have a crush on her then how?!?! Please I still want to rock climb happily...

Alex better stop being naughty or else I will pull you down on lead-climb.



4 Comments:

  • diaoz.. hahaha.. alex ah.. really bad leh.. kekeke.. anyway.. it was a job well done.. wahaha..

    oh well.. tired.. sianz.. wanna go swim.. cannot too much work.. then wanna go find some place to relax also.. cannot.. haiz..

    go back muz go climb with u all la.. but pls ah.. dun ask all the pros to climb with me.. damn embarassing one hor.. hahaha..

    oh ya! if i organise a party in singapore.. make sure u all come ah.. hahahaha..

    By Blogger DJ Niwde, at 10/10/2005 05:54:00 PM  

  • Me look like couple with her??? You sure or not!??!

    Aiya... people wont get the wrong idea one la.... she only got eyes for one person..... I think... heee....

    Edwin... must climb with pros then shiok... can learn!

    By Blogger Alex Wong, at 10/11/2005 07:03:00 AM  

  • ooi Edwin the only place we will meet u will be the foot of SAFRA climbing wall.

    Either you climb or we don't even want to see your face.

    By Blogger chillycraps, at 10/11/2005 08:49:00 AM  

  • diaoz.. dun come support me liaoz lor..

    nvm.. later u wait.. hahaha.. wait.. wait.. wait..

    By Blogger DJ Niwde, at 10/11/2005 08:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 
eXTReMe Tracker