>Home

Sunday, October 09, 2005

killing me softly

ARGH!
My blog has never been updated on time. I'm so busy these few days that I didn't have time to read some people's blog (or even if I did, couldn't find the energy to reply to them)
Hmm.. but still, I'm answerable to my valued readers, so I will backdate my entries as usual, in short separate entries. (as a blog reader I don't really like to read long entries)

Why am I so tired and busy these few days? 'Cos someone here wants to act garang (singlish, adj, gungho) and decided to have a crash course on SPSS.

What on earth is SPSS? It is the most powerful data mining and statistic analysis software in the world. I learned it when I was in Sec 2 in a research methodology course, and now I'm relearning it cos I've forgotten how to use it. (if I can forget all the maths I've learned at A Level, what do you expect?)

Some stupid undergrad here, in search of excellence, has conveniently decided to volunteer to compile the survey results for his Critical Thinking & Writing position paper. So these few days my brain is flooded with numbers and terms like chi square test, pearson correlation, dependent variables, layers, significance level... ARGH why am I recalling them again!!

I can't believe it, everynight I have been reading SPSS tutorials from different sources (Harvard included) and forget about my own tutorials (c'mon, since when did I pay ANY attention to my tutorials)

Nevermind... whatever the case, I will survive! (somehow)



3 Comments:

  • Actually, things that you embark yourself to learn can be more interesting leh. Think of it this way, you have an edge above the rest, and mebbe next time for your FYP can use it.... wa... imagine how impressed your examiner will be!

    By Blogger Alex Wong, at 10/10/2005 07:16:00 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Alex Wong, at 10/10/2005 07:16:00 AM  

  • True lah, real self-learning can be more motivating as well, compared to the so-called self-study topics we had in school last time...which were kind of enforced self-study...

    I think not many kids know what SPSS is lor, if they are not in the field... but my tutor knows leh..

    By Blogger chillycraps, at 10/10/2005 01:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 
eXTReMe Tracker