>Home

Sunday, October 09, 2005

chillycraps' krab (and harness+ATC)


Friday... Alex was meeting Wee Li to buy harness at 6pm, and I conveniently tagged along. Actually I have been thinking whether I should buy or not, and all thanks to Nicholl, I'm convinced.

Since the bus journey from Kent Ridge to City Hall can be quite unpredictable, so I decided to go early. Went to Esplanade to take the latest programme diary, and then to Library@Esplanade to study my Maths. Kinda weird when everyone was reading art stuffs and then this oddball was sitting at the sofa reading Maths lecture notes...

I think cos it was Friday, that's why Alex could end work a bit earlier. Thank goodness we decided to meet early, cos Allsports closes at 6pm. Weird shop that follows office hours and doesn't open on weekend. Alex and Wee Li choosed an Petzl harness each, and the most expensive around lor!! Whereas I choosed the cheapest in the shop, the Black Diamond Momentum. C'mon this is my first harness, it is like you won't jump straight to a Mont Blanc pen when you don't even know how to write using cheap Red Leaf ball point pen..

Haha tagging along was a wise move too, cos we could ask for discount~ the funny thing is, Alex and Wee Li got 20% off whereas I had 30%!! Hmm maybe I shouldn't have let them know cos I scare the "unequal treatment" may upset them. But they guessed it was because I'm buying Black Diamond whereas they buy Petzl, thus the different discount. What I think is cos I bought carabiner and ATC on top of the harness, helpping Mr Anthony Seah clear his stock, that's why I was rewarded with the bigger discount... whatever the case, now that I have my personal harness, I have a bigger reason to climb more.

I didn't join them for dinner cos Alex is supposingly celebrating Wee Li's belated birthday. I am not that close to Wee Li, only saw him twice before, so it would be weird to tag along for meal. But later I found out, my brother didn't go home for dinner on Friday, so at least my mother didn't have to eat dinner alone on Friday~

I was waiting for my bus at SMU bus stop when I saw a familar freak... Qingyao! He was my Sec 3 and 4 classmate and he hasn't change a bit for 4 years! (i.e. smiling for no good reason) He is studying accountancy at SMU and he didn't believe I'm at NUS until I flashed him my matric card... then everyone at the bus stop looked at me (I suppose they were all SMU students...thinking what on earth is a NUS freak doing at SMU bus stop)



4 Comments:

  • Haha... no need to be so consious.... NUS student, then NUS Student lor! Show them you are a cut above the rest!! ok ok.. I not pro-NUS hor... haha... just trying to say it doesn't really matter. :P

    Glad that you finally bought your harness! Now must climb regularly!! Next week hor!! Climb on!

    By Blogger Alex Wong, at 10/10/2005 07:12:00 AM  

  • the hardware may matter, but the software also must be good mah... worse if you dump an idiot to operate state-of-the-art machines..

    So, it's just a brand name..

    By Blogger chillycraps, at 10/10/2005 01:08:00 PM  

  • tattoo "NUS" on ur forehead and sit at SMU bus stop... hahahaha.... feel like crapping...

    By Blogger tstar, at 10/10/2005 11:14:00 PM  

  • now then I realise that you have the capacity to crap as well....
    -_-"
    hahaha! have time come in to crap more leh~ Afterall this is a crappy blog!

    By Blogger chillycraps, at 10/11/2005 08:40:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 
eXTReMe Tracker