>Home

Sunday, October 09, 2005

homing mynah

I can't remember it was last Wednesday or last Thursday. I was showering in the bathroom at around 6:00 pm. I usually keep the louvre at 45 degrees for ventilation. Then halfway through my shower a mynah landed on the other side of the louvre ledge. (luckily it didn't come in.. or else...) So that birdie obediently stood there for quite long, occasionally making a sound or two. I finished up my shower and went to my mother's room to take a look.. it was a mynah, standing on the ledge and trying to sleep. It was kinda cute when a mynah sleeps, you can't find its head. Must have either hidden it under its wings or just bended down.

My mother came back for dinner and I told her about the mynah. She was saying it would be so bad to disturb the bird from its sleep. C'mon I love animals... I was so scared I would wake it up. Imagine you are sleeping and all out of a sudden some freaks shout in your ears or switch on the lights.. so for that night even when I went to pee, I didn't dare to turn on the light. (hey, if you can't see, how to aim)

The next morning I woke up at 6am cos I had lesson at 8. It was still dark but I could see the mynah's silhouette behind the louvre. Later that night my mother told me it flew off after day break... oh and the mynah changed address again~

That reminds me of Alex's homing pigeon which his father tried to pick 4D number from... hahaha! Actually it is cool to have birds visiting your home, as long as they don't leave graffiti on your windows~ =)



4 Comments:

  • we had a baby bat sleep in the space in our window sills, figure it couldn't find its home fast enuf or smthing.. oh we once had pigeons build its nest in our plants... dirty, but the babies were cute... u wldn't believe their squeaking.. yes, they were SQUEAKING..hahaha..

    By Blogger tstar, at 10/10/2005 11:23:00 PM  

  • baby bat?? So it was hanging upside down?? That's so cool!!

    When I was in army, there was once a humming bird built its nest on the clothes line (ermm the line where you hang your clothes to dry) The nest was those exotic hanging down type leh!!!

    The Chinese has this thinking that if your house can attract birds, it means your house is full of warmth and joy~!! Ok ok crow excluded.

    By Blogger chillycraps, at 10/11/2005 08:39:00 AM  

  • yes, i know what a clothes line is! haha.. cool, hummingbird! and no, the bat wasn't hanging down. it was sleeping horizontally like we would in the gap of the sills... can see it breathe very rapidly.. i dun suppose that chinese saying includes bats, does it...?!

    By Blogger tstar, at 10/12/2005 12:08:00 AM  

  • .. but in chinese tradition, bat is seen as a good thing also leh.. "蝙蝠" sounds like "福" mah...

    By Blogger chillycraps, at 10/12/2005 12:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 
eXTReMe Tracker