>Home

Monday, September 19, 2005

who let the chalks out, who! who! who!

Imagine Monday with zer0 Monday blues.. Just because it is mid term break~!
In the morning, I had Critical Thinking group discussion with Rizwan and Ameet at 10am. I was leaving home when I saw Jensen's sms: "want to go and climb somewhere?" The magic word that starts with ' c' and ends with 'b' seems to have some sort of chemical reaction started inside me.

The IPC summit ended a bit past 12pm, and I rushed home to take my shoes and chalkbag (reached home at 1pm), grab a $2.30 sandwiches from the 7 Eleven downstair, and met up with Jensen at the bus stop at 1.30pm. Climbing has made me so crazy that I could skip lunch... Although Jensen told me to relax, I just rushed the timing so as to maximise the time we have for climbing.

We went to Climb Adventure. Being the giam kanas (singlish, miser) who use bus concession, we decided to take bus 130 to Tanjong Pagar. When we reached there, there was only one group of school kids doing fun climb conducted by Amir himself.. (wow.. national coach taking care of kids..) Jensen did ask the others from our NUS climbing clique to come, but...... I'm the only response.

Jensen has a pair of climbing shoes!! Wow... and it was birthday present from his friends~ so envious!! The Anazasi has its initiation ceremony today.. muhahaha..

We only bouldered today since Jensen prefers bouldering. We tried the numbered route and the cross route. I must agree Jensen is a stronger boulderer than me, his finger grip is stronger, his endurance is stronger... but there were parts of routes that he couldn't do but surprisingly I could~ usually I solve those problems using sit-in... so fun! There was one part I sat in, my body was almost horizontal, but still sticking to the wall! (and Jensen was looking in awe)

Then those kids occasionally crashed onto the mattress trying to do wrestling, and followed by some scoldings from their teacher.. haha.. I don't blame them, since I enjoy the feeling of lying on the mat and looking at the routes. And, I still land with a loud bang whenever I fall off.

We got bored with the bouldering wall, so we moved on to boulder at the big walls. We set some sadist routes (real sadist, either disgusting or far holds), and ended up panting.

At least I 've covered up what I will miss this Saturday.



7 Comments:

  • Sounds like fun... haha. Mebbe you should have practiced abit of lead climb there also. :P

    Remember when I was younger and wrestled with friends... haha, actually would still be quite fun now to do with some friends.

    By Blogger Alex Wong, at 9/20/2005 04:14:00 AM  

  • did you say lead climb?? Within my boulder clique only I have the slightest idea on how to lead belay, and you expect someone to lead belay me?? hoho maybe ask Amir..

    Yah you just have the urge to dive onto the mattress.

    By Blogger chillycraps, at 9/20/2005 08:35:00 AM  

  • hahaha.. i'm into a different sport from you guys man.. since i got not much time to go around searching for rock walls or maybe artificial ones to climb.. i can only kick a soccer ball around.. play play lor.. and woo hoo!!! next week spring break liaoz.. much needed rest.. and also much needed extra time to pia work.. wahaha.. oh well.. will be gettin my trunks and my goggles soon.. so i guess it will be back to the pool and back to my humungous appetite.. (esp after swimming.. hahaha..) think i will be going to train about twice or thrice a week.. yeah!

    By Blogger DJ Niwde, at 9/20/2005 09:32:00 AM  

  • argh get out of my way, you non-climber!!

    By Blogger chillycraps, at 9/20/2005 09:35:00 AM  

  • wei.. no walls to climb climb wad?? unless u want me to be spider man.. anyhow climb buildings.. sianz man..

    By Blogger DJ Niwde, at 9/20/2005 01:57:00 PM  

  • http://www.indoorclimbing.com/newsouthwales.html

    don't be lame, who says no wall... pls lor australia has more walls than singapore lor...

    By Blogger chillycraps, at 9/20/2005 03:07:00 PM  

  • wei.. no time to go climb la.. and australia not like singapore.. take bus.. 30mins reach the place liaoz leh..

    all the places that you mentioned.. all so far away from where i stay.. have to go sydney central to climb.. take bus one hour there.. (without jam) then take bus back.. another one hour.. waste so much time.. i'm stayin in kensington.. dun think anyone of those places u showed me got kensington.. Katoomba.. Coff's Harbour.. Brookvale.. Auburn.. minimum need about 1 and a half hour away from where i stay lor.. so far!!!

    By Blogger DJ Niwde, at 9/20/2005 10:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 
eXTReMe Tracker