>Home

Thursday, September 15, 2005

"Who else is going"

It has been around 3 months since I last met up with people from Manpower Branch as a big group. As this week is NTU's mid term break and next week is NUS's turn, so I was thinking this Friday is a good timing to organize a gathering. I feel that to be successful one needs to take the plunge. It will be kind of sad if we let chances slip away, and who knows when will be the next gathering.

So I happily started SMSing everyone last night. Surprise surprise, it is the undergrads that are not free and on the contrary, the working people are free and enthusiastic about the gathering!! Hey if that is the case I could have just fixed it on any other day on the calendar instead of purposely putting it close to our school holiday.

And without fail, the question "who else is going" appeared. Even lame people who are not going asked that question!! Not so much about peer pressure, but does the decision of your peers affect your own decision so badly?? I'm not pissed, but this question really sounds pissing. So if A says he will only go if B is going, and B says likewise, then are they both going or not going?? Not trying to prove anything, but I've only asked that question when we were on the ground waiting for everyone to turn up. Surely you don't see me asking who's coming to climb before the day itself, do you? I thought Tong would be sensitive enough than to ask that question, but while chatting with him and Weeleong last night, he asked me in MSN!! So I asked, why leh? He said, to find out if I'm bringing my girl friend along. LAME COVER-UP!

And some just couldn't be bothered. You think silence really means consent? Wrong. I bugged Alvin in MSN and only then he reflected that he is not available. I bugged Zhonghua in the NUS IVLE and only then he shot me an unrelated question about bursary before telling me he's not free. Come on earthlings, is it really so difficult to punch a few keys just to say Yes/No? How many joules of energy will it cost you??

What's the use of feeling pissed off when you are supposed to be happy.
Nevermind. I can still look forward to seeing the enthusiatic few.



3 Comments:

  • wahaha.. sorry la chow.. very busy.. never update my blog and also never comment on ya blog.. wahaha.. anyway.. it's always like tat one la.. they wanna see how many people gg then they decide whether to go not lor.. hehehe.. otherwise small group also very sian.. not like us la.. wahaha.. small group also muz have gathering..

    brrr.. today is a chilly day.. not your la jiao chilly.. but cold day.. the sky is overcast and full of clouds.. (one of the few times..) and the air is basically cold.. brr.. gg to update my blog now.. wahaha.. Cheers!

    By Blogger DJ Niwde, at 9/16/2005 12:40:00 PM  

  • Yo dude, its just to keep up to date on what's happening, who's going mah. Natural to ask that questions, but for the one who's organising can sometimes be quite xian.... haha....

    ok... I talk about on the topic later... hahaa

    By Blogger Alex Wong, at 9/16/2005 01:00:00 PM  

  • Edwin, why you apologise?? Stupid lah, not free of cos won't update blog lah!!

    Alex, what topic??

    By Blogger chillycraps, at 9/16/2005 01:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 
eXTReMe Tracker