>Home

Sunday, September 04, 2005

blaming myself....

After some thoughts, I think I have found some explaination as to why I felt so bad yesterday. As a belayer, I failed to do my duty. People couldn't complete the route due to my incompetence. It is like, getting into someone's way of reaching his/her goal. I think this is a logical reason.
I've always taken pride in belaying climbers. There is this feeling of being trusted, especially when someone's life is trusted in your hands.
I know Wongsan will say things like "nevermind", etc ... but still feel bad about it.. It is like everyone was waiting for the rope to be set up lor... just because of me.....

hmm anyway I can understand the difference in reaction from Bernard&Co and Nicky. Nicky was watching his boys climb, so naturally he was more concerned whether his boy reach the top; whereas Bernard&Co were authentically there to enjoy climbing, that's why they were more encouraging and helpful. At least that is what I think.

hmm.. today did tutorials the whole day. From Physics to Maths. Kinda enjoy it, I guess the ME is coming back~! Managed to do 2 weeks worth of backlogged tutorials...

hmm and kinda interesting I asked my brother about a statics question, ended up me explaining to him the concept.. NUS year 1 and NTU year 4 huh.... haha and we were sharing calculator! I think he didn't bring back his from his hostel. Actually it is perfectly normal for us to share things. My calculator was passed down from him. My previous haversack was his. My officer cadet epaulets were his... maybe I'm a recycler/reuser. Support 3R!
(* I started 3 paragraphs with "hmm..")



8 Comments:

  • wahaha.. everything recycled.. hmm.. i'm gettin the old me comin back.. but then again.. it's hard to get down to doing work after three years not workin.. rusty liaoz.. then not in singapore.. so cannot refer back to my old notes.. jialat man.. now got problem with maths.. haiz.. limits.. and harder functions.. can't understand a lot of them.. jialat man.. i think i will need help in those soon.. muz occupy myself with lots of consultation.. (one reason is my lecturer la.. give examples in the lecture notes.. but then never use the examples.. always use his own.. end up there's no formal question to follow one.. only got figures.. haiz..)

    By Blogger DJ Niwde, at 9/04/2005 10:59:00 PM  

  • Haha... Regarding the climb... Nicky was concerned more for Safety than the climb la.... coz they going v.fast... if you dunnoe how to belay properly, can be quite bad.

    Like I said... don't worry! Can learn one!! 2 more climbs I make you expert! but someone must lead la... hahahaha..... then you belay... then I teach. :)

    And the rope not set... not becoz of you... coz its a diff route!

    By Blogger Alex Wong, at 9/04/2005 11:10:00 PM  

  • hmmm... the familiar terms come out again.. hahaha.. vv long never climb liaoz.. forgot some of the terms.. kekeke.. but still remember belay and lead climb la.. alex.. next time i go back.. muz try lead climb the easy wall.. wahaha.. muz try again.. till i succeed..

    By Blogger DJ Niwde, at 9/05/2005 09:26:00 AM  

  • no la, i will stick to top roping until I go for the level 2 course. Better to do it the right way than the Wong way....

    By Blogger chillycraps, at 9/05/2005 05:36:00 PM  

  • wahaha.. can try wad.. anything also can try one lor.. if u dun dare to try.. u'll nbever know if it's good.. wahaha.. cheers!

    By Blogger DJ Niwde, at 9/05/2005 06:47:00 PM  

  • That implies that I will teach Chow to lead belay the wrong way.... hmmm... HHHHHMmmmmm....

    By Blogger Alex Wong, at 9/05/2005 11:40:00 PM  

  • not necessarily so, but don't you think it is SAFER to be belayed by a properly trained lead belayer?

    There is the can-do way, and the really safe way. I'll prefer to be safe. Don't u think so?
    Having fun is one thing. Safety should never be compromised.

    By Blogger chillycraps, at 9/06/2005 08:35:00 AM  

  • ask pang la.. he safety spec ma.. wahaha.. then u get the best answer u can get.. probably ask u to look up the TSR.. wahahaha..

    By Blogger DJ Niwde, at 9/06/2005 09:41:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 
eXTReMe Tracker