>Home

Sunday, August 28, 2005

closing Pandora's box

*let me be honest, overdue blogs lose quite a lot of the real taste.

Ok I purposely separate this one from the previous one is because this one is very meaningful, although it is still about Friday.

I was having lunch at Techno Edge when Alex asked if I would like to go to the Spook Show and find out about "answers" that I have been searching. Wow.. ANSWERS!! I love answers, especially when the outcome only has a postive effect on me.

Blah blah so whatever went on before the show, you can refer to my previous post..

Oh Alex's colleague/friend Si Ni and her bf Caden were going for the show as well~ haha Si Ni was quite surprised that I could tell it was her queueing up at the stall when I went to meet them at the foodcourt. As I would be having dinner together with Alex, so I watched the 2 of them have their food. Guess they felt kinda weird, having to entertain me and eat.

Ok back to the Spook Show 2005. At first didn't know it was organized by a church. Funny eerie atmosphere in the convention hall... with Alex walking around dressing up as a ghost... The magic tricks were really breathtaking. As a engineering student, of cos I know the pastor was wearing a rubber chest and pulling out a rubber heart, but I still feel glad I didn't eat anything before going in. All the while my hands were covering my mouth and Si Ni looked at me with that amused look.~_~ EEK... all those cutting of forearm, cutting head...cutting body.... like I say my logical half can't convince my emotional half. Actually I felt quite special watching the show with a "ghost" sitting beside me. Deeply honoured.

The pastor is a funky one I must say. Where can you find a pastor performing magic? (ok, pastor singing pop songs is lame enough) The Spook show seem to aim at being entertaining, but look at it closely and one will realize it is educating, aim at telling us that whatever tricks "demonic" organism can perform, other people can duplicate. Haha "magicians tell you that they are bluffing you before they go on to bluff you..."

Actually the most meaningful part was when all the magic was over and the pastor talked about Jesus. I was really touched and could feel some sourness when I closed my eyes and bowed my head. There was this sense of serenity in my heart. I could feel that the vacumn was filled.

But I don't want to be child of Jesus. I believe that I can draw strength and wisdom from various religions. Haha but like Alex said while we were eating at NYDC after the show, I'm so weird! It is like, other people believe in the genie and call for him when in need, whereas I don't believe in the genie, but still call for him when in need. So similar to what Joanne said to me!! I found a lot of answers. But whether they are the right answers will depend on how I interpret them. But I feel much better after the show. Now I'm a sheep that isn't as astray as before.

Thanks everyone for the prayer.



7 Comments:

  • chow.. when there was the International Festival of Magic.. also Alex's pastor perform magic tricks and got together all the world class magicians one.. so it's not surprising.. well.. pastor singing and then using fame to increase membership.. hmm.. not vv nice.. but so far.. think Alex's pastor is quite ok.. wahaha.. hope u can find ya pathway towards enlightenment ya? no matter which religion u wanna head for..

    cheers!

    By Blogger DJ Niwde, at 8/28/2005 10:46:00 PM  

  • Glad to know it made a difference for you. :)

    And truely, I pray that that void will be permanently filled one with day with the Joy of the Lord.

    Edwin, actually the purpose of the two shows were quite different. The IF was magic based, it offered no answers, just good entertainment. The spook show was catered to people's needs, and for showing people the way to Jesus. :)

    By Blogger Alex Wong, at 8/29/2005 09:07:00 AM  

  • hmmm.. i dunno la.. but anyway.. muz say ya pastor is quite funky.. not like the one tat sings.. wahaha.. anyway.. i am a free thinker.. so well.. i dun have any thing against jesus or any gods.. ya.. so well.. dun get offended if i say the wrong things.. haha.. cuz i dun really know much also..

    cheers!

    By Blogger DJ Niwde, at 8/29/2005 09:37:00 AM  

  • I'm a freethinker as well, but I draw strengths from various directions. Wisdom of Jesus is one of my sources of energy.

    I hope Alex isn't unhappy that I didn't choose the path to Jesus.

    By Blogger chillycraps, at 8/29/2005 05:49:00 PM  

  • it's your choice.. well.. if u wanna follow the footpath of jesus.. nobody can stop u.. if u choose not to.. then nobody can say anything ma.. religion is your own thingy.. it's all up to you.. i guess wongsan will not be angry one la.. rite alex??

    By Blogger DJ Niwde, at 8/29/2005 07:45:00 PM  

  • Nothing to be angry about. God did give free will. :)

    Chow knows what I'm thinking, haha, we already spoke after the spook show.

    By Blogger Alex Wong, at 8/30/2005 12:04:00 AM  

  • wahaha.. okie.. well.. it's up to people to choose.. so yeah.. who knows.. next time i might just follow god's footsteps rite?? hmmm.. hahahaha..

    By Blogger DJ Niwde, at 8/30/2005 09:18:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 
eXTReMe Tracker