>Home

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Belief ≠ Behaviour

Today's lecture starts at 8am, so... gotta wake up in the wee hours of the morning. Hmm was about to board the bus when someone patted me from behind.. Rockey!! Weird, he is supposed to take another bus.. oh he missed the other bus and so had to change bus at my stop. Haha knew him for close to 20 years.. so.. can say that I saw him grow up. Oh now he's in J2 in Hwa Chong, and could see him busy munching notes even on the bus. Even the families gathering seldom see him attending. Well.. I'm sure he will get good grades in his big A.

Was reading something from my Sociology notes again. It's about foreigners and their encounters with Thai bar girls.
...many would like to extend the liaison beyond their departure; but they are also aware that the girls worked in bars when they had first met, and will probably return there again to engage in sexual liaisons with other men...the correspondents do not usually share a wirtten language...The farangs' basic dilemma is created by their desire to maintain an intimate relationship at a distance...
---Erik Cohen, 1996

I find this freaking lame!! (and a bit related to my case, minus the prostitution part)First, they don't share a same language. Ok I can understand some relationships do work out that way, but... you mean you need a translator 24/7? Another lame thing, these foreigners (aka farangs) must be desperate. They go to Thailand, had a fun night with the bar girl(aka public toilet), and dream of having her for the rest of his life. C'mon, the girls only want money. MONEY! The guy can have one girl, but that girl must be having dunno god knows how many guys!! These kind of relationship is purely exploitary. C'mon earthlings, wake up your idea!! (*bang my own head*)

Alvin actually came down to NUS to promote his *scape thingy, and as usual, he would want me to help him (still remember that time he asked me out to SFT to carry hampers for him)Haha but afterall, friends shouldn't be so calculative, and I did give ideas for his *scape thingy. Oh saw Yong Quan beside our booth, selling flip-flop for some charity.. haha Yong Quan and I had some shouting at each other like fishmongers in a market.. but that was fun. But I had to run all the way from Arts Faculty to attend my lecture at Engineering Fac. Well.. can't blame Alvin, cos I volunteered.

Was changing bus at Bukit Timah when a middle-age man eyed me in a funny manner. Finally he spoke! (wow miracle)
Man:"Where are you going?" (in Mandarin)
Child: "Why leh?" (sharks I broke the Rules of Engagement: I talked to stranger!)
M: "Oh I want to know 154 got go MacPherson or not"
C: "151 got go"
M: "What bus are you taking?"
C: "Why leh?"
M: "Oh I want to go to that 24 hr coffee shop at MacPherson. Just hope someone going that way then can ask"
C: "151 got go lor"
M: "Where to take 151?"
C: "Here lah!" (for goodness'sake I alighted from 151)
Then my bus came.... (of cos not 151.. I take 74/852) Not that I'm not willing to help or I'm unfriendly or I've attitude problem, but sometimes we got to be cautious. The war against terrorism needs everyone's effort. If he pulls a fast one I'll make it his last one.

Human beings are so weird.
(oh that belief not equal to behaviour thingie is Sociology stuff..e.g. my belief is I must be nice and caring and etc, but my behaviour this afternoon shows that I can be a bastard if you make me to. Another example is, I believe friends are forever, love is temporary, but my behaviour tells me that if being friends are so painful, might as well don't have such friends)



3 Comments:

  • diaoz.. u sure have a weird way of handling old man eh.. hahahahahaha..

    rules of engagement.. hmm.. why never use ya hello kitty with the AK?? hahaha. then fight off the terrorism also.. hahaha..

    i went to supermarket and got quite a lot of stuff for a cheap price.. hahahaha.. happy happy.. kekeke..

    By Blogger DJ Niwde, at 8/25/2005 05:47:00 PM  

  • don't you find the man's behaviour weird??
    I mean why must he know where I'm heading towards? And the way someone starts his/her first sentence makes a lot of difference to what follows.
    It is like, he eyed me for dunno how many minutes behind opening his mouth and asked. Trying to judge whether I'm a lamb?

    By Blogger chillycraps, at 8/26/2005 10:23:00 AM  

  • Haha... its not that belief not equal behaviour, its more than you have another set of beliefs that governs this particular behaviour of yours. Think about it. :)

    And you only second guessing the old man la... but nothing much la I think. just relax

    By Blogger Alex Wong, at 8/26/2005 11:41:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 
eXTReMe Tracker