>Home

Saturday, August 20, 2005

the rain doesn't stop me from climbing

Today went climbing with Wongsan and Dave. Now rock climbing seems to be like a weekly thing for me, if not bi-weekly, and very much has become a lifestlye for me. Hmm went to ShopNSave for a walk while waiting for them to arrive, and when I stepped out, RAIN! (yes yes It's Raining Man, Halleluja) Guess the look of disappointment must be written all over my face.

While Wongsan and Dave were eating their breakfast at S11, a stray cat seemed pretty interested in me, it kept rubbing itself against my leg... leaning on me lazily... it was kinda sweet (not the taste of the cat!!), but I just don't understand why do cats like me. Even the cats near my home like me, so it wasn't the first time... hmm I won't say I like cats, but neither do I hate them. If my parents were around, the cat surely had no chance of getting close...The thing about cats is that they are kinda exploitary. Once you can't give them what they want, they won't hesitate to leave you. Are women like that too?

Ok back to climbing. So we were sitting there discussing what to do next. After some persuading Alex finally agreed to go Climb Adventure. (I have waited for this answer for... a year?) He asked Nicole whether she wanted to join us, and I jokingly said if she doesn't appear we won't ask her out for climbing anymore. Argh 王八蛋 was her reply.....

Got kinda shocked when we reached Climb Adventure, cos there were so many kids! But the overall atmosphere was kinda warm, cos there were so many happy faces! Hmm it was kinda fun cos the routes were rather boulderish, so it demanded a lot of techniques even for innocent-looking walls. Was quite surprised that Dave bought some climbing gear after we brought him to his first climb last Saturday. Hope he can keep the passion going~

Actually I see climbing as a way to tackle teens problem. If teens are occupied by hobbies, then they won't even think of bad habits like drugs and other crimes. When you are up on the wall, you only think of your moves. Even for me, climbing helps me blow away my troubles and unhappiness. Hmm... but then again, climbing is a risk sports, so.... taking drugs may seem more convenient. -_-'

After the climb Dave had to rush off to give tuition, so left with me and Wongsan for lunch, a pretty late lunch that ended at 3pm. In between sips of sugarcane juice and lime water (no! lime juice) we talked about a lot of things... friends, purpose in life, etc etc... these seems to be never-ending topics that one can discuss until the cow comes home,

but if only life could have been simpler...



5 Comments:

  • diaoz.. long day eh.. wongsan was chatting with me this afternoon and he dozed off.. say he's tired liaoz.. hahahaha.. u muz have worked him out really badly.. hahahaha..

    By Blogger DJ Niwde, at 8/21/2005 12:23:00 AM  

  • I think he was already quite tired before the climb, so, don't blame me. But true that yesterday's climb seemed to have challenged him more than what Yishun could offer. Anyway, I just feel scared that he ain't happy that we kind of force him to go to Climb Adventure...

    By Blogger chillycraps, at 8/21/2005 08:10:00 PM  

  • wahaha.. but apparently.. think he's ok with it la.. anyway.. more ex izit?? hahaha..

    By Blogger DJ Niwde, at 8/21/2005 08:29:00 PM  

  • Haha, its ok la. Climb Adventure also quite fun. Was just wondering how to get there and the parking etc.

    And yes... more challenging... all the handholds so small... and crimps!! ARgh...

    And then there's the stupid corn on my finger... so pain... Duh...

    But all in all, quite fun la. :) Don't worry about it.

    By Blogger Alex Wong, at 8/22/2005 10:57:00 AM  

  • wahaha.. well.. it's all for the sake of climbing man.. all worth it rite alex? hahaha..

    By Blogger DJ Niwde, at 8/22/2005 01:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 
eXTReMe Tracker