>Home

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Don't squeeze my BaLL!!


hmm... don't get shocked by my title, yes someone squeezed my ball and I ain't happy about it!
Yesterday I didn't have lecture at all, so in the afternoon I brought my father to take a walk in NUS. Pretty scary walk, we alighted at Engineering Faculty, took a walk to Yusof Ishak House, and then to Sports and Recreation Centre, then to Science Facualty, had a tea break at the all-time favourite Science canteen, then took a shuttle to Kent Vale....... from there my father planned to go to the new National Library, so we walked from Kent Vale to Kent Ridge Terminal, and I saw him off before I head back into campus for the real fun...... ho ho ho..

It was the welcome tea session of the Climbing Sub-Club. I saw some familiar faces at the rock gym~ KS my senior back in JC, who bouldered with me very often~ then Alvin, whom I met at ClimbAsia once, and Sheryl, whom our gang met at SAFRA Yishun last Saturday. hmm... as for the year one freshies, I saw Andy, my BMT section mate (he squeezed my ball. I shall explain later), Kumaran, a fellow Foxtrot cadet who completed Ranger course but not awarded the Ranger recognition (some usual politics, heard before)

Ok this Andy fella, he kept using my chalk!!! Ok I'm the kind of person who has a very strong territorial sense. Whatever is mine I will be all out to protect, but sometimes friend friend you've got to relax right? Sigh... but... my favourite Franklin chalkball!!! I just refilled it last week... nice and full.... and was happily bouldering in the NUS rock gym... sigh... I mean... you don't share your undergarments with someone else right? And I myself don't squeeze my chalkball so hard, but HE! machiam like squeezing sponge! What the.... what I can say is that if you don't respect other people's property, you don't really respect that person...

Anyway, so much for balls.. yah KS and Alvin was asking me to join TeamNUS. ermm.. I think I'm not up to it... and I climb for the fun of it, not to win (nor lose) But I will join the club for sure, afterall where to find a place where I can boulder like mad (I used to be that mad back in JC) But last night was... ermm.... demoralizing for me. Hahaha at first when I was the only yr 1 guy in the gym, I played with the seniors, and managed to clear quite a lot of the routes, then later when the crowd got bigger, I realize I was too pumped to climb any route, even those that I had cleared earlier on... so I was there looking stupid, like a newbie minus the point that I have shoes and chalkbag...

Saturday I got my right arm pumped... now my fingers are gone... oh, just some news on my crater on my left hand... it starts to have paste when it is not dry... pretty scary... think I should take care of my wounds.
(anyway now I'm in school waiting for the stupid server to wake up its idea)



5 Comments:

  • diaoz.. squeeze chalk ball.. haiz.. hahaha.. still having after effects of climbin ah? aiyo.. weak already la chow.. jialat liaoz..

    By Blogger DJ Niwde, at 8/17/2005 08:53:00 PM  

  • eh mister, bouldering is totally different from vertical climbing k? In bouldering, cos it is more convenient to climb (no hassle of harness and rope) so chances are you will injure your muscle without you knowing it, whereas in vertical climbing when u are exhausted it is quite clear and obvious to you. Plz lor... I didn't say I strong, did I? Just have the passion.. PASSION! Anyway there are lots of climbing gyms in Australia, so... you should get a life as well~

    By Blogger chillycraps, at 8/17/2005 09:08:00 PM  

  • wahaha.. izzit?? hmm.. dunno leh.. lookin at different places to go only.. hahaha.. dun wanna work out.. hahahaha.. oh well.. i'm juz tryin to be studious here and study lor..

    people wanna go melbourne, never jio.. so i keep quiet.. live my own life.. tat's wad frenz are for here man.. leave me alone here.. oh well.. tat's life.. never mind.. we will see wad they're gonna do about it.. pissed now though..

    By Blogger DJ Niwde, at 8/17/2005 11:23:00 PM  

  • chow, go ahead and join them la. I think its your passion, and you can make some friendz, earn some pts, etc etc. Won't stand to lose one.

    After that you will become stronger also. Haha.

    As for the ball issue... haha... perhaps that's how he usually uses a chalk ball la... just tell him lor... next time he will sayang it for you... :P

    By Blogger Alex Wong, at 8/18/2005 02:05:00 PM  

  • Edwin: wah you take friends so lightly??

    Alex: well... like I said, I ain't a competitive guy, if u want me to compete, I will surely lose cos I don't have that fighting spirit in me. Yes don't worry, I will surely join the club, but on a recreational basis. I will still meet passionate climbers even if I'm not in the TeamNUS. Erm.. I still feel quite sickened when people wanna used my chalk.. happened before at OBS during a climbing session, the whole gang dipped their hands into my poor chalkbag...
    Anyway they are going Climb Adventure on Friday nite, me NOT going since my arms are still not their usual selves.. no point going when you can't achieve.

    By Blogger chillycraps, at 8/18/2005 03:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 
eXTReMe Tracker