>Home

Thursday, August 18, 2005

My helpline is always open

Was looking at my MSN contact list, and saw SQ had the words "Sadz" beside his name... Out of kapo-ness I msg him and asked what happened.... (this is how we should spot our friends' problems from tiny little details..)

hmm.. SQ just broke with his girl friend... relationship of around 3-4 yrs? Reason: different frequency. Real Reason: different religion. She is a Christian and he is not. (I respect religion for what it is, but... ) So I went on to talk to SQ about it, and tried to direct his attention away by talking cock with him... hmm the fact that he can talk cock means he has recovered quite a bit from that love wound~ Oh I chatted on with him about the navy.. (he's a naval officer, commissioned by HM the Queen) That sure made him feel helluva better. Then dunno why he took turn to console me also.. (err... I'm okay for sometime already, so.. thanks)

Here is something I read from my sociology materials, which seem kinda sad:
Odd though it might seem, the best way to maximize the chances of getting married, for both sexes, is to have been married before! People who have been married and divorced are more likely to marry again than single people in comparable age groups are to marry for the first time.--- Anthony Giddens

Does that mean, we shouldn't take our first relationship so hard??



9 Comments:

  • Don't take these sociology materials too seriously.... I can safely bet that they probable left out to say that these people who are more likely to be married are also more likely to get another divorce!

    By Blogger Alex Wong, at 8/18/2005 10:18:00 PM  

  • actually I omitted some more text behind...
    "remarriages are less successful than first marriages. Rates of divorce from second marriages are higher than those from first marriages"
    They argue that it shows people are more aware of what they want in a relationship, which I think is equally bullshit.
    The funny thing about sociologist is that they keep arguing with themselves...

    By Blogger chillycraps, at 8/18/2005 10:23:00 PM  

  • diaoz.. eh.. chow.. your fren also like me like tat leh.. haiz.. sad la.. anyway.. doesn't matter.. if people can't think straight, then let it be..

    u got the same problem?? hmm.. tat's pretty bad eh.. hahaha.. ok la.. my problem resolved liaoz..

    By Blogger DJ Niwde, at 8/19/2005 07:15:00 PM  

  • alex.. no other blogs other than the nlp one ah?? haha.. tot u said it's a sub blog.. haha.. anyway..

    chow.. first relationships are really difficult to forget.. u can ask qingxi also lor.. though he's with his new gf now.. hahahaha.. even for me.. forgetting my first was difficult.. got back with her when i got here.. but think not possible to carry on again.. (again.. becuz of the reason u stated on your blog..) sometimes i wonder.. alex.. sorry ah.. but i juz feel that some christians are too extreme.. (not you..)

    By Blogger DJ Niwde, at 8/20/2005 09:15:00 AM  

  • well... I do agree that Christians are a bit.. ermm... different in handling this, but Muslim also right? Just that you didn't choose to like a Malay girl...
    It is like signing terms and conditions. No one forced you to sign it.
    Kinda cold but that's reality.

    By Blogger chillycraps, at 8/20/2005 04:50:00 PM  

  • to nikki... doesn't my blog's title say chillycraps' craps?
    since you have so many blogs, I guess at least one of them is meaningful, don't you think so??

    By Blogger chillycraps, at 8/20/2005 05:07:00 PM  

  • to nikki~ Thanks for the reply, my friends have been very eager to learn Cantonese. Alex even bought a book (that comes with a CD which he copied into his iPod) to learn Cantonese.
    to my dear readers, let me translate it into English "wah you inch me"
    Ok, that doesn't explain much.

    By Blogger chillycraps, at 8/20/2005 05:59:00 PM  

  • can't help laughing...
    first Edwin asked who nikki is, now nikki asks who Alex is, then what's next?? Alex ask who Siu Hang is???

    what is this world becoming of?

    By Blogger chillycraps, at 8/20/2005 06:09:00 PM  

  • wahahaha... then i'll start askin first.. who's the PSC scholar?? who's wearing the graduation gown?? hahaha..

    cheers!

    By Blogger DJ Niwde, at 8/20/2005 06:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 
eXTReMe Tracker