>Home

Sunday, August 21, 2005

the Logic of Emotion


Mood really changes fast within a day. Luckily I blogged my previous entry earlier, cos last night was really bad.. couldn't sleep.. what happened? I went to read her blog...
Really stupid of me, shouldn't have read her blog. (but the question of 'should have' or 'shouldn't have' is really a silly one. Yeah yeah maybe I should've bought the lottery winning numbers.. ) Hmm it felt kinda sour when I read her entry about her trip to Singapore.

Oh I was chatting with her as well, and suddenly she asked me some translation. Obviously those were not academic questions, just comments to be used in a chat between someone who doesn't understand Cantonese and someone who doesn't know how to express herself in English and Hanyu Pinyin. Hmm... hahaha must be the same sentiment when you give your enemy a hand in stabbing yourself.

Silly me. Did chat with Jasmine about it as well, and she told me something that sound very logical. I told her I've already given up, and Jasmine said, "since you have given up, why do u still feel sad about it?" Sound logical, but human beings are not made up of logic circuit.. we have flesh and blood as well. Since college I've already lost my fighting spirit. I hate competition of any form. Just like you always see me lazing around at the foot of the rock wall, and Alex doesn't help by always pushing me to be the first to climb.. "come Chow, 5th lane white route". Compare to Jason who would say things like "If Chow can reach the top I can reach also lor".... yes yes climb on.... yawns. TeamNUS? Don't even think about it.

This sort of link to the friendship thingy that every other blog is talking about. What I've told Alex is that it is like a good show, with good beginning and good ending. It may not be the true side of it all, but the whole story will still be a happy story. Truth, is truth really that important? Given a choice, would you want to hear a sad reality, or a happy lie? I would want a happy lie, and I wish I will not know the truth even till the end of it.

The problem facing Alex is quite a food for thought for me too. If you treat someone as a good friend but he doesn't treat you equally good, how should you react? Hmm.. maybe that someone's standard of good friend doesn't equate to your standard. But nevertheless, you treat someone nicely not because you want to have something in return right? Easier said than done. Human beings are not that ideal, not even close to it. Like how Tong told me, what is the use of being a gentleman when you are not happy?

nikki was asking me, when will I wipe her off from my MSN contact list. Good question. That brings me to wonder how can those freaks in Friendster manage to have thousands over friends. "Friends"? What an overly used word, often abused and devalued. Nevermind, they can choose how they want to live their life, but I ain't going to stain that sacred word spelt F-R-I-E-N-D. Some people will understand what I really mean. Words like 'colleagues', 'schoolmates' would be more factual and you can't go wrong with using them, though you may lose that taste of affection.

My lecturer was talking about "sworn sisterhoold" during my Sociology lecture. Maybe I should have a "sworn brotherhood", then I don't need to bother so much. Actually when a person is bored, his mind will just wander everywhere. Feeling quite back to myself today after doing some mathematics.

I was saying I wish I can build a bouldering wall in my home....



6 Comments:

  • Its obvious that sometimes what we think we think, and what we really feel is very different. I sorta can identify with it. I suppose one way is to really cut clean, then the feelings will somehow generally fade/adapt over time.

    About competition... hey, I never viewed climbing as any sort of competition. Its just playing around, and having fun trying to figure out the routes. If it bothers you, then next time I go first lor. When people compare, dun take it too hard la... its part of interaction, not like someone trying to prove he's better than you. We all climbing to have fun only. Will really defeat the purpose if you feel that way. Next time I go first la....

    I still prefer to have the truth. Give it to me, so I can move on to others who truly regard you as a friend and relate as such. I'd rather go on and find someone who's really a friend, than someone who puts on a front. What's the point? There're enough actors around as it is.... and even more when we meet the working population.

    I suppose that we all treat people nicely not because we want them to treat us nicely. For me, the friend is very high up in my list, so sometimes I expect, or look to the fella for solice, help, or company. Ideally, God should be the one who fills ALL my needs. And yes.. I need to get back my relationship with him to where it was in the past. Somewhere inside me, I also need someone human, who's close to me. Dunnoe if I'm dreaming or not... oh well.

    Sorry for blogging on your blog. Haha, think I'll write some thoughts on my own blog later.

    By Blogger Alex Wong, at 8/22/2005 12:21:00 PM  

  • well said alex.. i dunno bout how u guys feel.. but to me.. you guys are like my good friends already man..i mean.. we have come a long way.. now is the time we start encouraging each other and look out for each other in times of need.. and seriously.. i agree totally with u alex.. i prefer the truth and nothing else but the truth..

    so well.. chow.. if u have anything to tell us, then go ahead man.. we are there for you.. right alex?? hahaha..

    anyway.. climbing is a sport tat can motivate each other to excel and go for the best that you can do.. just like wad jason does.. hmm.. so dun treat it like a competition lah.. just treat it like a sport.. hahaha.. cheers!

    By Blogger DJ Niwde, at 8/22/2005 12:36:00 PM  

  • haha thanks guys, you guys really gave some intellectual replies, not like some kid.....

    Anyway, I've never linked climbing to competition. If not, TeamNUS would be on my list now. Climbing should be fun!

    Remember climbers' creed:
    I share my problem with everyone and everyone share theirs with me.

    Alex has been supportive of the "cut clean" approach.. well.. I know it works, but regret may follow

    By Blogger chillycraps, at 8/22/2005 06:03:00 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/22/2005 06:34:00 PM  

  • well.. it's all up to you man.. how u wanna forgive and forget is how u will live with it.. but i know it's hard to "cut clean" seriously.. haha..

    think of other things la.. be on the bright and happy side..

    Cheers!

    By Blogger DJ Niwde, at 8/22/2005 07:38:00 PM  

  • forgive and forget?? What is there to forgive?
    To put down someone's pride requires even more pride.
    I feel that I've endured a lot given that I'm still chatting with her nowadays. But the feeling is totally different. The kind of relationship isn't as pure and innocent as before. Once things get complicated, you just can't view them as simply.

    By Blogger chillycraps, at 8/23/2005 04:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 
eXTReMe Tracker