>Home

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

following the Great Leader

let's be honest, I have zero mood to study during this mid term break, so might as well post some intellectual stuffs.

Ok this one will be about Christianity. No right or wrong answer, just opinions. I've always thought that once a Christian, always a Christian. But recently I've found something interesting:

Kim's father was a Christian... [He] attended a school founded by missionaries, and later attended church regularly; he was also a church organist. He taught [his son] Kim Il Sung to be an organist as well, and the boy attended church throughout his teens. "I, too, was interested in church," he once wrote, but later "I became tired of the tedious religious ceremony and the monotonous preaching of the minister, so I seldom went," although he acknowledged receiving a great deal of humanitarian assistance from Christians. Still, after taking power, Kim completely wiped out Christianity from his country, keeping a couple of churches for show but staffing them with actors and actresses to impress foreign visitors with his tolerance.
---Kristoff (2005)

Not trying to say that Christianity is like a claw that doesn't let go, but it is rare to find people who opt out from Christianity. Usually the population of Christians will grow at an exponential rate, ie your girl friend is Christian, she will want you to be Chiristian too; your parents are Christians, chances are you and your siblings will be Christians; your son is a Christian, he will ask you to become Christian. (did I just discover a progression that grows faster than exponential?)

Was chatting with Amy and Grace about Christianity as well, about lust, about going to church.. Amy agreed that Christians nowadays are doing things that are quite un-Christians, while Grace herself just goes to church but not the devoted type.

Going church to know more girls, gambling, drinking and getting drunk, are all these expected of Christians?
I dunno. Anyway hope the police won't be arresting me for this entry...



5 Comments:

  • wa.... Christianity....

    I believe that there are many types of christians. :)

    Those who are truely on fire for God and truely love God. These are the people who are not pushed around by the world, and they aim to please God and not man. Its quite difficult to explain.... but usually, these are the people who against all odd follow the call that God had given to them.

    Then there are the more luke-warm christians. Who have for one reason or another, do not have as great a passion for the work of God. They believe in God, and the Bible.

    Next, there are the "follow your friends/trend" type christians.... who go because friends go, who don't really believe, but continue because its fun! Well... with alot of churches becoming more "rock-concert-ish" its not surprising. Well... don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with the type of worship, because we all express ourselves in different ways. Just that, for some people, its for fun... not worship.

    Then for people who become non-christians.... well... there are.... these are people who deny Christ after having been christians. Its quite sad really.... but personally, I do understand the reasons for it. Though I say, one should always looks God-wards instead of around. The world's full of disappointments.... and sure to fail you in some ways.... yes... even brothers and sisters in christ.... they will fail at some point.... and yes... even the church will too.... So... its quite possible to backslide. Always remember to look upwards. :)

    By Blogger Alex Wong, at 9/22/2005 08:42:00 AM  

  • it's in the power of yourself to decide which god you wanna follow.. to me, it doesn't matter which god you believe.. as long as u dun insult my religion.. i dun insult your religion.. let's make this world a peaceful place to live.. I have my own rights to decide which religion i wanna believe in and you also have your own rights..

    yeah.. so to each his own.. it's just like my aunt and my uncle.. one used to believe in buddha, guan yin and stuff.. the other one is a free thinker.. and then suddenly.. the previous one turned to god and became a believer in god.. so wad does tat mean? does it also mean that he/she has denied buddha after becoming a buddhist?? wad's the repercussions?? will the not go to heaven (in buddhists terms?? we dun know.. it's all a mystery..)

    so yeh.. in my case.. i choose my own path and decide which god i wanna believe in.. and well.. i heard bout the case of police arresting people who blog.. yep.. so i juz have something to say.. believe in yourself..

    By Blogger DJ Niwde, at 9/22/2005 07:39:00 PM  

  • wow happy to see so much input from you guys...
    Actually we all have no answers to it, just views.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm no lost.
    I guess the Spook Show was a great turn back point in my life (not turning point, cos I was on track, then derailed, so must get back on track)

    By Blogger chillycraps, at 9/22/2005 08:25:00 PM  

  • tat's very true.. it's all up to u to choose.. haha..

    alex.. not saying christianity not good ah.. juz my point of view also.. kekeke.. cheers!

    By Blogger DJ Niwde, at 9/22/2005 10:01:00 PM  

  • lol, yes edwin... I know clearly what your stand is... you repeat dunnoe how many times liao le.

    I was just trying to be specific in answering chow's question.... :)

    By Blogger Alex Wong, at 9/25/2005 07:53:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 
eXTReMe Tracker