>Home

Sunday, January 15, 2006

climb with the sun

It was a super duper sunny Saturday~! What a waste if we didn't go out and climb. Just felt like a hibernatus waking up from his sleep (ok it's just a few weeks I guess)

I was early and the wall was empty, cos most of the climbers went for Rockmaster competition. Anyway it was Meder, Nicholl (surprisingly she came), Kai Sing, Wendy, Angie and her buddy. Alex was preparing for his trip so I didn't ask him down. It just felt like the whole wall was ours!! Dunno what striked me, but I was like "what the hell" and took off my shirt and climbed bare-top... my first time though. (think it won't happen again =P)

The word insane was ringing in my head when Meder and Nicholl psychoed me to try leading inclined red!! INCLNED!! LEAD-CLIMB!! Oh anyway it proved to be very enjoyable. =) It turned out to be a team effort by us, with Meder leading up 2/3 of the route, then he reached "vertical limit" (just kidding) and so Nicholl continued from then on, but to no avail, and finally the 4 eyes were looking at me.... -_-" ok 6 eyes including Wendy's.

So I went up, lead-climbed the remaining 1/3 of the red inclined route. Couldn't quite believe it too. It was very entertaining, with the occasional constipating sound and the one "shit!" remark when one of the runner's orientation was wrong. (hey Meder used the F word as well) Meder commented that I made one nice move near the top when I raised my left foot up, jam it horizontally on a hold and locked myself to the wall while my left hand went about the business of clipping in the runner. Oh now I feel very man thinking of when I shouted down "slack" to Meder who was belaying me. ^-^

We tried lane 3 blue as well, this time round I still couldn't complete the route, but I did improve~ thanks to my sling, now I'm left with 2-3 more panels. Oh I'm really glad I have the sling, at least when I rest on the wall the belayer can off belay and rest too, compared to he/she having to constantly keep the tension. More humane huh?

The 3 of us were sitting in the shadow of the inclined wall and Nicholl said one thing to me, "You just need to have more faith in yourself." That applies to life too right?



5 Comments:

  • haiz.. if only i joined u guys.. but was not in the mood to climb or do anything.. as i was fumin with anger and sort of like pissed off with everything.. even if i were to go.. you would see a quiet me there at the wall.. just keep quiet.. relac one corner.. no point like tat right? waste $$.. haiz.. still feelin pissed.. and tired.. didn't sleep at all last night.. damn.. wad am i doing man..

    By Blogger DJ Niwde, at 1/15/2006 12:12:00 PM  

  • you may be surprised that they may like the quiet you. =P

    and you will be surprised at the magic climbing can do to your mood.

    Actually Alex and I climb regardless of our mood and energy level, guess you haven't reach that level yet.

    By Blogger chillycraps, at 1/15/2006 12:58:00 PM  

  • something to add on, actually Meder is a Duracell bunny, he went up red inclined a few times, and was about to finish the route when he couldn't clip in to the anchor at the top. It was really a pity cos he was so close to finishing it. Me at the belaying end was looking with intense anticipation... I'll say if we had reversed the order, I couldn't even make it to the 1/3 mark for the combine effort.

    By Blogger chillycraps, at 1/16/2006 04:01:00 PM  

  • well done la. Haha, I only speed read your entry coz lack of time.

    Wished I had the time to join you all la, but if I had, I would have been ill-prepared for my trip.

    Haha.... well, lets hope that there's still good weather when I get back. :)

    By Blogger Alex Wong, at 1/17/2006 10:50:00 PM  

  • that's why I didn't ask you down last Saturday. No point tempting and teasing someone... that would be so evil.

    Oh you will be begging to bask in the equatorial sun when you are back (feels kinda weird when I climbed bare-top last saturday)

    more tiles waiting for you.

    By Blogger chillycraps, at 1/17/2006 11:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 
eXTReMe Tracker