>Home

Saturday, December 31, 2005

lame climbers

At first I felt quite weird this morning, somehow something seemed to be missing... oh Alex. =P

So today I went climbing with Edwin and his secondary school friend Zhihao. It was wise of me not to expect Nicholl to turn up. Basket everyone saving up energy for tonight's New Year's Eve party (or they have already drained up last night).

There were quite a lot of people climbing today at Yishun, think a lot of them wanted to take the opportunity before school starts next week. Bernard and Kai Sing were there too, haven't seen Bernard for quite a while. So I crapped quite a bit with Bernard and KS, we talked about their Kinabalu trip last week, talked about One Utama, talked about Genting... then Edwin joined in the conversation cos he just tried climbing at Genting last weekend, then Bernard and KS also diam diam.. must be thinking "who is he?" hahaha! Oh I even disturbed Bernard midway up the wall, he was leading lane 6 green and I was top roping lane 5 white then we just talked cock up there. =P Even at Northpoint foodcourt we saw Bernard and he crapped with me there.

I did 3 climbs today, 1 white, 6 green and 5 white. Yup they are the easy routes, but still feel quite satisfied with myself. I did use more technics than before, like flagging, drop knee(surprisingly I did it), lots of sit-ins, did once foot match hand, smear.... oh I did one super awkward leg cross over from in front, ballet move.... Feels like 温故知新, revising on the old ones before learning the new ones. Oh actually Edwin's belaying is more smooth than Zhihao's, although Zhihao has a level one cert. Anyway Zhihao is in NUS Science year 3.

Dunno why, but just feel that there were too many people and the flow wasn't that smooth. For example there was this group who booked a few lanes at a go. Of course if I were in their shoes (stinko) I could have done the same, but... alright I'm too nice and too easy to bully.

After the climb we went to check out the Allsports store downstairs, cos my 35% voucher expires today. Too bad I didn't need anything there, stupid me got the carabiner at Peninsula, and no point spending money just to redeem that 35% off, that would be foolish. (have you heard of the story of a woman spending $50 on a handbag cos it comes free with a $5 lipsticks, but she threw away the handbag cos all she wants is the lipsticks) Anyway we saw this cool looking Krieg chalk bag with the words US National Team. Who would buy that?



3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



 
eXTReMe Tracker