>Home

Friday, December 30, 2005

fear of death

I don't usually express my fear of death so openly. (come on, how many of us really aren't afraid of death?)

Edwin was asking if I'm climbing this week, cos he will be bringing a few of his Australian friends to climb. Alex is not climbing this week, Meder is in Myanmar, Nicholl can't really count her in, ermm... I am just a little concerned cos there ain't enough belayers around.

So Edwin was trying to assure me that he knows how to belay. He said that he has climbed with me so many times already, etc etc. Come to think of it, I think I don't need one hand to count the number of times he had climbed with us. Oh I still can remember that time he was laughing at some secondary school kid crying on the wall, then just a few minutes later Edwin told me he didn't know how to tie the figure of 8 knot. -_-"

I dunno, I just don't quite like the phrase "so many times" as a reason/assurance. If go by counting I think I have climbed with Alex for quite some time, or even with Meder and Nicholl, but still I won't say it's many times. It is like if you fully know your climber's habbit, he/she doesn't need to speak a word and you also know what is his/her next move, then maybe it is more appropriate to say it. Anyway after that time's climbing accident at the 25m wall, I am more cautious.

What I'm concerned with is my own life! Edwin and his friends I can belay, so no issue with their lifes, but who will belay me?? Hmm... maybe I should be the belay slave then. =P Nevermind.. we shall see.

(Oh I know Edwin is reading this, hahaha so it is not talking behind his back. I am just trying to save him the trouble of feeling guilty when I fall off the wall. Think I should settle him on the ground)



7 Comments:

  • i juz use this to comment on ur new blog layout horz.. interesting heading, interesting words, but colour scheme don't match... black and blue and orange words plus a bit of green around... don't know if it's coz i not used to it or what, but it's not nice and it irritates me. haha...
    the previous layout suited the colour scheme better...
    just some comments.. it's your blog, it's ur choice..

    reg. your entry, at least you are telling him what you feel... don't think i'd haf the courage to tell my frenz this kind of thing though one should, coz seems kind of insulting. That's my opinion, know that you are not insulting him..

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/31/2005 12:11:00 AM  

  • scratch my comment on that colour scheme... i realize it just needs getting used to... plus there is no green around. I cock-eye...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/31/2005 12:15:00 AM  

  • eh.. not that i wanna say la.. ok la.. not so many times.. but i still belayed you before lor.. and i've already found one more belayer liaoz.. at most.. three person belay you tomorrow lor.. haiz.. feel hurt la.. like tat say me.. haiz.. nvm nvm.. the figure 8 knot hor.. i always forgot one.. u should know that.. knots.. i cant remember one.. somehow like selective memory one.. so ya lor.. cannot blame me ma.. and me not expert in climbing.. like u do.. me expert in the water.. u wanna ask me to water wrestling.. tell u.. i stay in water for 1 and a half minutes to 2 minutes without breathing. no problems.. it's just different people got different cup of tea la.. like their forte like tat..

    By Blogger DJ Niwde, at 12/31/2005 02:24:00 AM  

  • wah lao don't feel hurt lah~ see i'm still alive at this very minute, in fact I think your belaying quite steady leh.

    not my problem what, you didn't ask me to go swimming, and I also didn't ask you to do climbing leh, of cos everyone has his/her own cup of tea, ie you like kopi-o and I don't quite like kopi-o.. that kind of thing.

    Ain't you glad I'm frank?

    By Blogger chillycraps, at 12/31/2005 02:33:00 PM  

  • haha.. glad la.. frank is good.. hahaha..

    it's a good climb today.. hehe.. though we didn't really do much.. hahaha.. but well..

    kopi-o, kopi, teh, teh-o.. kopi tongkat ali.. doesn't matter la.. hahaha.. wad matters is that you have your own forte.. can liaoz..

    next week.. again ah.. hahaha.. then got bui bui to tease liaoz.. bui ma.. hahaha..

    By Blogger DJ Niwde, at 12/31/2005 02:40:00 PM  

  • .... eh... tease who???

    Next week I also cannot climb.

    Got my boss house warming.... must give face.

    So well... Chow... you life in good hands rite??

    By Blogger Alex Wong, at 1/02/2006 03:51:00 PM  

  • tease you i suppose, alex.

    oh, so you don't give face to us lah...

    Meder just SMSed me said he's back from Myanmar, so at least I have someone who is as concerned about safety as me.

    By Blogger chillycraps, at 1/02/2006 08:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 
eXTReMe Tracker