>Home

Thursday, December 29, 2005

incentive to study

Yesterday I was typing typing halfway, then out of the blue Nikki messaged me on MSN, asking me to encourage her to study. -_-" errrrr...

She is quite funny, sometimes will have the drive to study, then one minute later she will lose the will power. (actually it does occur to all of us, doesn't it?) Didn't know how to encourage her to study, since I knew the grandfather stories wouldn't work on anyone, so I just told her I did badly for my exam. Seemed to have a little effect though. She is hoping to get into Hong Kong University Bachelor of Arts programme, think majoring in English. So weird, she likes English, she always ask me for help on English problems, when I don't really love English.

She said, why can't everything be in place for her, then she changed her mind and said but if everything is there, then life would be boring. Ermm.. what do humans want?!?! When you have a hard life, you complain life is too hard; when life is easy, you complain life is boring.



2 Comments:

  • Everyone needs some challenge in life. It provides opportunity for growth and self-improvement. And onces a person stops learning, he/she starts dying. Hence the importance of continual improvement.

    Yet, on the other hand, everyone would like things to go smoothly for them. (Paradoxially, that mean's there's no challenge!) As everyone wants the easy way other.

    I suppose the keyword is.... balance...

    By Blogger Alex Wong, at 12/30/2005 09:32:00 AM  

  • The way I look at it, human starts dying the moment he/she comes to this world. (just that some take a longer time, some, well, shorter)

    Afterall, life is always like balancing on a beam. (reminds me of Taoism again... the ying and the yang)

    By Blogger chillycraps, at 12/30/2005 09:38:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 
eXTReMe Tracker