>Home

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

cors

No not the "yeah, thunder only happens when it's raining" that Corrs, it's CORS, Centralized Online Registration System. Yay that's the season for CORS again... (I'm so fake)Anyway CORS is still more civilised than the 4D/TOTO queue at NTU.


Had been quite undecided on what module to choose for next semester. On one hand I want to finish my SARTOR quickly, on the other hand the serviced ULR protection for Engineering Faculty is quite tempting also. Then for Singapore Studies I saw some interesting modules but not within the protection,... arghh!!! Yeah I'm so indecisive, lack of confidence, even Allsports uncle knows it when I bought climbing gear -_-"

So I asked around, asked Wei Guang, asked Hong Jun, asked Wei Chuan, asked Rizwan, even poor Stephanie from Faculty of Arts and Social Science also kena asked by me. I was about to decide on Principles of Economics, then people were saying very hard and etc etc...

My mind is set (doesn't sound convincing though) on Econs, although I have never taken Econs at JC level... But afterall I didn't take Sociology at A Level, so, still the same isn't it? Still a long way to go, now it's only Round 0. (so funny, have you ever seen boxing game they shout "Round Zero, FIGHT!")



5 Comments:

  • Good on ya mate!
    Stick to what your heart desires..
    I was listening to what people were saying and started looking for other modules and looked and looked but nothing interests me... In the end just stuck with the module I initially wanted. Full-circle

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/28/2005 10:47:00 PM  

  • I say just go with the first modules that we usually pick. yar lor, always end up with the original module even after going through like many others...
    actually sooner or later you will have to do ur mod for SARTOR and for SS, so no diff. it's only a matter of time...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/29/2005 12:00:00 AM  

  • not true, although you may say within the 4 years sooner or later we will have to do SARTOR and SS and all their friends jam and bread, but it makes a difference whether you arrange it in a module packed with tough core modules. For example, next semester we will be doing Electrical Engineering and Programming Methodology, which the other lecture groups have already done last semester, and generally they say it's a killer, so not nice to kill ourselves with more tough modules.

    Actually I wanted to take Engineering Economy which is a level 2000 module, but it is not serviced, then thought of taking Nation Building, blah blah blah...

    End up with Principles of Economics. (keep finger crossed, haven bidded successfully)

    Actually was thinking of taking a module with someone I know, but then Stephanie counted to me how many modules she took and originally knew no one there... Well, afterall no one came to this world knowing anybody.

    By Blogger chillycraps, at 12/29/2005 09:44:00 AM  

  • if u need notes.. i have a lot to give up.. hahaha.. let me know soon ya?? hahaha.. i got one textbook also.. hahaha.. see if u want not lor.. my notes from jc.. all condensed.. hehehe..

    By Blogger DJ Niwde, at 12/29/2005 11:33:00 AM  

  • Edwin: ermm how about I let you know after I have successfully bidded my Econs module?

    Anyway this morning I was reading the Bulletin, and discovered that we can use the SARTOR modules for either UEM or ULR. I've already used Sociology for UEM, so I need 2 more UEM for my whole degree programme. On the other hand, the modules available for UEM is quite narrow compared to those available for ULR(ie Breadth), so I choose to use it for my UEM. That kind of cleared my mind. So there is actually more to plan than just choosing the module. (only applicable to Engin Fac. Arts Fac please ignore this)

    By Blogger chillycraps, at 12/29/2005 12:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 
eXTReMe Tracker