>Home

Saturday, December 24, 2005

get that man a biner

The other day I was reading an online climbing forum, and saw this comment to a good reply. "Get that man a biner!" (supposed to sound like "get that man a beer")
This morning I had many jugs... of rain water plus chalk plus stain plus whatever you can find inside a hold.

Imagine this, if you can squeeze all five of your fat fingers into the space, so can that much volumn of rain water right? So this morning I was busy clearing water out from the jugs. Damn disgusting, the moment I dipped my fingers in, the dirty water either splashed out, or flowed like a river down my arm and into my sleeve (and yes, to my underarm, disgusting)

Today it's the same old Alex and me, the rest all missing in action. What to do?

I was quite sadistic today. There was this group which didn't look like regular climbers, but one slightly more experienced guy acted as if he is damn jai. My sadism started when I saw them hunting for the climbing rope, then finally when they got the rope from the office, the way they set up the rope was quite an entertainment for me too. Dunno why he must ignore the free end of the twine but untie the dead end to make it a free end. And he didn't make a double clove hitch when he tied the twine to the climbing rope, so I was waiting to see the climbing rope get stuck at the anchor. Luckily the rope got through. While belaying, Mister jai sat down on the wooden bench, then one of the more experienced climber came over and told him not to, so he LL stood up lor~. Then he made one very funny comment to the climber he was belaying, "That's a drop knee, very nice!" Hello~, do you think those once-in-a-blue-moon climber of his would want to bother whether it is a drop knee or drop head? And THAT move didn't help in his ascent anyway. And the way one of the guys belayed, it was horrible. He was belaying(lowering) as though he was abseiling. Can't imagine if something happened then he might hurt both himself and the climber. Teaching of belaying is not allowed, but Alex nevertheless went up to point out the mistake to him. So nice/kaypo of him. =P

Told you, I'm evil.



2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



 
eXTReMe Tracker