>Home

Thursday, December 29, 2005

birthday gift

Last night I was clearing the kitchen sink when the fixed line phone rang. My mother picked it up and it was for me. Weird, I seldom get phone calls, let alone fixed line call. It was Janan, he was asking if I am attending Yunci's birthday party this weekend. Don't want leh, after my experience at the recent ODAC gathering at AJC, I know I am out of place, so no point getting myself even more out of place. Afterall I am not that close to Yunci and the rest of the ODACians.

Put down the phone, went back to the cleaning. My mother was saying the conversation was so short, er.. how long could it be? Then the phone rang again, my mother answered it again, and it was Janan again. My mother was saying he sounded polite. Err... think so. So this time round Janan was asking me about rockclimbing shoes, cos they are thinking of getting Yunci a pair of climbing shoes, and since I'm the climber in the batch, so.... he just asked me for suggestions and where to get it that kind of thing.

After the conversation I was thinking, hmm.. should I offer help to go shop with him? And since I have SAC card, I can get 25% discount from Allsports and Adventure 21. If I don't contribute to the money, at least can contribute the discount... but anyway decided not to. Afterall it may be seem so extra.

Then just now Janan called again, about the sizing and all those. Actually quite difficult to buy climbing shoes without the wearer being there. Janan was intending to buy the Mad Rock 60 bucks limited stock... err.. ok. Out of curiosity I asked Janan, since Yunci is a dragonboater and not a climber, why get her the shoes? So he said actually he asked her and she said she would want a pair of climbing shoes, specifically laced up somemore. Then he said since it is her 21st birthday, so must get something for her. Har? Got such theory one ar? I think I only got a birthday off from Army for my 21st birthday. Birthday big deal.

I don't understand. You buy me a kayaking paddle I also won't use it. Alright, I'm just expressing my lack of interest in my batch of ODACians.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



 
eXTReMe Tracker