>Home

Thursday, December 08, 2005

"let him wash"

Sometimes when you don't say anything, it is better than when you say something.

Just happened that my brother came back for dinner last night. So after dinner I was collecting the dishes for washing, then my mother popped this: "let him(me) wash"

WOW, even if she didn't say that, I would have done the washing automatically, willingly. Now that she said that, I started to feel pissed off. This was not the first time this kind of thing happens, just that now I've mastered the art of stomaching it and didn't make a noise about it. I still remember that time when I just couldn't take it and bursted out in tears. Things were back to "normal" the next day. Guess as a person grows up, his tolerance/ignorance/indifference level grows as well.

I don't understand why my mother always think that my brother is under more hardship than me. If we do a little analysis, it is not difficult to prove that my brother is in fact leading a more relaxed life than me. He stays in hostel, the amount of travelling time he spends per week is 4 hours. I spend 4 hours of travelling time per DAY. He stays in hostel, so all he needs to do is go to the canteen and eat. The most I give him 30 minutes inclusive of chatting time. Me? From 6pm I'll need to prepare the food. I can only hands off from housework at 8:30pm.

This "problem" of mine has been around for so many years. When my brother was in NS and I was in JC, the excuse was cos he was in army, so let him relax at home whenever possible. Then when I was in NS and he in NTU, the same excuse, said he studying so must let him relax during weekend. Now both of us in university, the same excuse, said he stays in hostel so must let him relax at home. What next? Oh he will be stepping into working world next year and I will still be in NUS. So? He working so must let him relax at home?

I don't mind doing the housework. Just don't say that "let him wash" thing. It simply pisses me off.

Sometimes you feel more appreciated when people don't say anything. Ironic.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



 
eXTReMe Tracker