>Home

Monday, December 19, 2005

all that crab (or krab)


(left to right, HMS, Mini Pearbiner, Positron)

After the 25m climb, I seriously think that I need a Christmas present for myself: a sling + new carabiner. Basically hangdogging sucks and it doesn't rest your body. Now the problem is which carabiner to choose.

Now I'm using the Faders HMS as belay biner. I think of buying the Black Diamond Mini Pearabiner to replace my HMS and use the HMS for the sling. Somehow the HMS doesn't feel nice for belaying due to its rounder space compared to the more oval arch on the Pearabiner. so the ATC tends to move around a lot (which is not good, the movement of the rope may unscrew the locker). But very weird if I use a locker biner for sling. So alternatively I can buy a straight gate such as the BD Positron for the sling.

If I'm loaded I would buy the Mini Pearabiner and the Positron and condemn the HMS. Too bad I am not.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



 
eXTReMe Tracker