>Home

Thursday, December 15, 2005

riot police

I'm quite interested in the protest in Hong Kong for the WTO. More so because I like the Hong Kong Police. Although the protest has not gone up to the level of being a riot, but still, it is far from being the peaceful protest that Hongkongers are used to. From the various photos that I got from Reuters and AFP, looks like it is the elite PTU and the EU are in charge. (coincidentally, both PTU and EU have come out in movies having the same names. PTU=police tactical unit, EU= emergency unit)

Oh how do I know? From the markings on their new helmets. I think the whole riot suit is new gear, dubbed the Robocop suit by Hongkongers. Armed with plastic shields, fat baton (really fat), chilli sauce, and yes some are spotted with fire extinguishers on their back, just in case the Koreans want to play with fire. This kind of reminds me of the Greek Phalanx I'm so used to in my computer game. Oh some onlookers commented that when the HK Police changed shift it was like change of guard ceremony at Buckingham Palace. Interesting.

I wonder how it will be like if they hold WTO Talks in Singapore. Maybe they will mobilise the SAF as well? I dunno, but Singapore Police Force did mobilise the riot police when Dr Chee's sister protested outside CPF Building right?



2 Comments:

  • Hah...the first WTO talk was held in Singapore in 1996...no riots happened then...eh the characters in ur computer game look like lego figures:)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/16/2005 02:25:00 AM  

  • oh i really didn't know it was held here!!

    anyway, that picture IS lego, not from my computer game.. hahaha!

    By Blogger chillycraps, at 12/16/2005 08:16:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 
eXTReMe Tracker