>Home

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

routemaster retires

On December 9th, Routemaster, the famous red London bus retired from regular service. You may ask, what has it got to do with me. Somehow I've got this feeling I rode on the Routemaster before. Hmm...

The interesting thing about buses is, it is sort of pegged to our memory. Ever remember your primary school days when you squeezed onto this ugly looking Volvo B57? Still can't remember? It had a very narrow entrance and a few steep steps. Oh don't freak out, I used to like buses a lot.

As time goes by, buses evolve. Now we have the comfortable Volvo Super Olympian and Dennis Trident which have low floor and no step. If you really like buses, go to Hong Kong, it's the land of the double deckers.

Have you watched the Japanese drama by Naoko Iijima about romance on a bus?

Stephanie asked me yesterday, "Isn't it better to take bus?"
Yes, sometimes.



7 Comments:

  • sometimes ah.. i dunno how to keep up with your blog.. too much.. hahaha..

    but well.. it's your blog.. u call the shots.. hehehe..

    if only i had as much time as u to blog.. i will.. just too bad.. not enough time in the world to actually blog.. hahaha..

    anyway.. wad i miss about the old buses is the noise generated from the engine.. so noisy.. but at the same time.. makes sure that you know you're travelling on a bus.. hahaha..

    buses have evolved.. and so do people..

    btw, takin a bus is a good way to keep up with relations wor.. hahaha..

    By Blogger DJ Niwde, at 12/14/2005 10:56:00 PM  

  • do u remember last time how they charge fares? isit by stops or isit by the amount of time the bus takes to travel? i seem to remem it's the latter but my frenz all say no lehz...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/14/2005 11:53:00 PM  

  • Hey!!I know those old buses!! It used to cost only 25cents!! hah

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/15/2005 12:27:00 AM  

  • they charged by fare stage, or charged by how happy the driver/conductor was. If he is happy, you ask him how much is it to the destination, he happy happy tell you 25c, not happy then 90c.

    then last time some kids liked to collect the tickets, and those old man liked to stick it into the back of the seat.. what a sight. I always wish the bus conductor would come and they can't find their ticket.

    By Blogger chillycraps, at 12/15/2005 08:22:00 AM  

  • i'm one of those who used to collect e tics! well, a bit only lah.. my aunt gave me a whole stack of them one day for no reason... haha.. so shld b my aunt collecting them.. but dunno where it is liao... threw away le ba... it didn't seem so long ago, the yellow and pink coloured tickets.. yar, it's nt tat long ago de... coz i dun remem my fares costing only 25cents! haha, i'm still young.. ahem.. =D

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/15/2005 10:02:00 AM  

  • I used to collect bus tickets as well, but somehow I stopped and dumped them cos I thought they were all the same minus the time and service number. Now when I think back, realize I should at least keep one or two. (I think I did) but can't find the one for Sentosa bus.. that one the design was really nice.
    Anyway I do collect bus/train tickets from other places.

    By Blogger chillycraps, at 12/15/2005 10:21:00 AM  

  • i collect bus tickets.. then will leave them there.. then when the time is right.. fold hearts.. hahaha..

    By Blogger DJ Niwde, at 12/16/2005 01:38:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 
eXTReMe Tracker