>Home

Sunday, November 20, 2005

about service

This may interest Alex. Something beyond Greet Smile Thankyou.

Today went out with my mother to have lunch with some family friends. The place is a Chinese Restaurant at Chinatown, serving Hong Kong Tim Sum. So we were chatting away, and a waiter wanted to pour tea for me, but my hand was in the way, so he just said a "'scuse" expecting me to move away my hand. Firstly, the word "'scuse", short form for "excuse me", isn't exactly polite. It sounds more like a demand than really asking people to excuse you. Then another waitress came and molested the teapot a bit, checked our orders, then walked away. Hello? Weren't you planning to serve tea or something?? I mean if you don't serve I will serve my elders, but why come and touch touch the teapot and move off? Weird. Oh, and the Char Sau Pau they sell doesn't contain real char sau.. I don't recall it's a vegetarian restaurant. That's why I've never liked that restaurant all along.

After that I went off first while the ladies(I was the only male among the 4) went about their shoppings. I went to Adventure 21 to check out some climbing gear, and this staff came and served me...

staff: hi can I help you?
chow: (smile) just taking a look.
staff: are you into climbing?
chow: yah
staff: how long have you been climbing? Just started or..?
chow: ermm.. a while
staff: a few years?
chow: yup, a few years
staff: ok...... (walked away)

I think he realise I am a climber, and decided I won't fall victim into buying those expensive Mammut equipment. Well.. Mammut stuffs are a bit too expensive, the only thing I like is their logo. I checked out their T-shirt and it cost 60 bucks! And their shoes.... ermm... they copied Mad Rock's dual density rubber.. cheapskate.

Came back, Alex told me over MSN that SAFRA Yishun is going to charge climbers for loaning of runners starting December. What the freak... now everything also talks about money, might as well climb natural at Dairy Farm...

*This is a runner. It serves more than just making u look cool.



3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



 
eXTReMe Tracker