>Home

Saturday, November 19, 2005

when you play, people stare; when you work, people don't care

My mother is getting quite pissed off with her workplace.
On Friday night she had some sort of end of year retreat dinner or something at a hotel. I think some slackers and bootlickers got some best staff award, then she gets damn pissed off.

So I asked her, you are unhappy cos you didn't get the award, or you are unhappy cos someone who doesn't deserve it ends up having the award? The answer is obvious. I think in whatever organization there will be this sort of people, just like the presence of deviant in every society. The boss decides who gets the award by judging who makes him/her happy, so obviously those good oscar actors will get the award. Furthermore, you are working for the money, not to make anyone happy, so why bother?

Come to think of it, this kind of things happened to me before, so I can understand why she feels this way. When I was in AJC ODAC, I was kinda disappointed why I didn't get the Distinguished Service Award. (while someone did) Ok ok let's not talk about who doesn't deserve it.. let's talk about myself. I actually headed the most ad hoc committees.. nevermind, I look ugly.

In army, hmm.. when I was in OCS, I always volunteered to clean the toilet, end up they thought I hide myself during area cleaning.. what the hell!!! Part of the reasons why I got out of course is because I opted out, not happy with my instructors. At that time I told myself I don't need to prove myself to anyone, I just need to prove to myself. Dumb.
Then at BMTC I think things got better, since Chief Clerk will mistake who doesn't work, and not mistake who works. -_-" So it is either you really work but she thinks you slack or if you slack then it is quite clear cut. Oh I got nominated for best supporting staff, but ended up a lazy clerk got it. Nevermind. It's about dedication. Yes it is.

So much is being said, I think at the end of the day we must realize the reasons we are working for. And, the world is never fair.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



 
eXTReMe Tracker