>Home

Saturday, January 21, 2006

perspective

perspective... to me the picture looks like a nice cup of coffee; to you it maybe something else... (it IS a cup of coffee)

Let me show you some examples: (not all are on today)

1) less than 1 minute after I've switched on the computer, the phone rang. It was my father. He asked what was I doing. "Just switched on computer." "Play games again?"

Again?

2) my brother had been playing computer games for the whole afternoon. I asked him to leave it on so that I could check email. Less than 5 minutes after I took over the computer my mother came home. "Whole day sit in front of the computer..."

Whole day?

3) in the morning my brother was busy playing computer games while I bury myself in tutorials in my mother's room. By chance I walked out to the kitchen to take a sip, then my mother told me to prepare lunch.

Suay. (shouldn't say this though)

4) was shopping in supermarket for New Year goodies. I was squatting down examining some titbits, then a lady pushed my trolley away. In my eyes she was hijacking my trolley; in her eyes my trolley was blocking her way.

She was right.

5) In the Chinese literature 【吕氏春秋】, there is one chapter that goes like this:

人有亡鈇者,意其邻之子,视其行步,窃鈇也;颜色,窃鈇也;言语,窃鈇也。动作态度,无为而不窃鈇也。
抇其谷而得其鈇。他日复见其邻之子,动作态度,无似窃鈇者。
其邻之子非变也,己则变矣。变也者,无他,有所尤也。


What it means is, once upon a time there is this person who lost his axe, the first moment he suspected it was his neighbour's son who stole his axe, so everyday he went and observe the kid. Every single move that the kid made led him to think that he must be the one who stole his axe. Then one day he found his axe at the back of his own house, and from then on he just couldn't associate the kid as someone who steals.

6) Sigh, so troublesome...



1 Comments:

  • looks like a cuppa hot chocolate.. haha..

    nicely written entry.. well.. i always kena one.. same thing as u.. but wad to do.. dun wanna do also have to do it ma..

    suck thumb.. suck it up.. get mistaken?? well.. no choice.. there are times when u're mistaken by people one.. oh well.. this is life..

    By Blogger DJ Niwde, at 1/21/2006 11:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 
eXTReMe Tracker