>Home

Thursday, January 19, 2006

yam juice

Went to Isetan Supermarket at Orchard yesterday, hoping to see some cute interesting Japanese foodstuff. They are having this "Hokkaido & Michinoku Fair" till 22nd Jan, with lots of sampling!! =) Actually I just wanted to check out the chocolate, and they are selling Dars at $1.90. Oh the coffee was super tempting too~! (no sampling for usual items -_-") Anyway so they were selling lots of speciality food from Hokkaido and Michinoku, I tried some red bean cake (which I did eye on before), some raisin rum cheese, rice cracker... oh I didn't try the Japanese wine, since I didn't intend to buy, so why should I try? See? I'm a good shopper.

Just when I was about to leave, a nice female promoter handed me a cup of white juice -_-". Taste nice! So I asked her for more details. It was hokkaido nagaimo yam juice, blended with milk. Tasted like papaya milk, but not as strong. According to her it is a healthy drink (quite common phrase nowadays huh?)

It is always fun to visit Japanese supermarket.

Visit Isetan for more details.



3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



 
eXTReMe Tracker