>Home

Friday, November 04, 2005

purpose, outcome, motivation

It is just like a non-swimmer jumping into water to save a drowning person.
Recently I have been going into Statics & Mechanics IVLE forum to help people with tutorial problems.... and now they understand the way to tackle the questions! Well.. I didn't tell them the answers, I just hinted to them the line to think along, but it still feels great to learn that they eventually know how to solve the problems!! In trying to help others I am strengthening my own understanding on the topics at the same time. Can't help feeling glad that I am nosy... *giggle giggle*

Today I got back my quiz 2 for Statics & Mechanics. I got Excellenct!! Hmm... (that's the paper I had last Saturday, the day I missed the climbing session) See? No point submerging yourself in the sea of uncertainies.. if you have done your best then you have. Of course, the best is yet to be, for example I did a super silly mistake.. I misplaced one reaction force and ended up confusing myself on the total equilibrium of the structure.. but still my working scored marks~ Somehow when I saw Zhi Hao next to me also had Excellenct, my own paper seem to pale. (hoho Zhi Hao did his paper in pencil throughout.. and he joked that he is still in primary school) That's the bad thing about comparison... it is like when the whole world lives in condominium, so what if you live in one yourself... see what I mean? But still, my will power has convinced me that I should feel happy.

Ha... this is like a boost of confidence. Looks like my path for the next few years is pretty clear: mechanical engineering... (sigh.. following the footsteps of my brother..)



5 Comments:

  • wah.. excellent.. eh, can u tell me how to turn off e comment section for like 1 entry only and not e whole blog? i can't find it on blogger... thx..

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/04/2005 10:47:00 PM  

  • sent to your email.

    By Blogger chillycraps, at 11/05/2005 12:42:00 AM  

  • hahaha.. guess wad??? UNSW will also be combining the two topics into one from next year onwards.. so it will be statics and dynamics combined into one big group of mechanics.. so troublesome now.. next year, i will only take part of the course, which is dynamics... but i have to go to all the lectures.. hmm.. dunno how they will do it.. but apparently, that's what i heard they will do la.. get everyone to go for all the lectures.. *hope i pass statics this exams..*

    By Blogger DJ Niwde, at 11/05/2005 07:14:00 AM  

  • you can be selective in deciding which lecture to go to right? As in if they are teaching statics, you can just skip it.

    Of course, going through it again may serve as a good revision, but the boredom will rull the day.

    don't worry so much, when the tide comes it will come...

    By Blogger chillycraps, at 11/05/2005 07:22:00 AM  

  • we still have no information or whatsoever on how the thing is going to be taught yet.. so all of us are guessing what would actually happen.. but i guess they will cater to those who studied statics this year.. and passed it and have not studied dynamics.. and vice versa lor.. we'll see about it next year.. btw, i was just told that i can complete my degree in 3.5 years.. if i stay back for summer course.. but i dun think i'll be studying summer course this yr.. next yr ba..

    By Blogger DJ Niwde, at 11/05/2005 11:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 
eXTReMe Tracker