>Home

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Deepavali on the wall

I thought drinking Red Bull helps in climbing.
No it does NOT. (err.. Red Bull gives you wings right?)

It's Deepavali today and the crazy Yishun gang celebrated it with a climb. Meder brought along Laura the German girl~! but Birgette didn't come, so was Nicholl. Grrrrr.... someone who made so much noise about who is climbing who is not.. ended up she overslept. Wee Li and his father were there too~ so cool to have them around.

My first climb was lead-climb up lane 1 white, which was a mistake since I didn't have energy left for the subsequent climbs. (over-reliance on Red Bull) Cleared lane 5 white as well but originally was trying green.. nevermind too suicidal after the 3rd panel... and as usual still couldn't complete lane 3 blue.

When you are tired you just can't think of how to place your feet, how to twist, how to clip in, how to hi step, how to CLIMB! Alex said I was too frontal, but I feel that I have taken the effort to watch my posture... hmm.. oh he wasn't paying attention anyway. Laura was quite quiet, maybe she was shy =) but glad that she cleared quite a few lanes rainbow. I always believe that at the beginning, accomplishment is always encouraging. After a while you will realize that the process is as important and enjoyable (of course there may be frustration.)

We had teppanyaki lunch at North Point, and thank you Meder~!!

Then we went to town, wanting to look at some gear. Ended up both Allsports and Campers' Corner are closed... what has Deepavali got to do with them?? So Alex and I went to Funan to look for DVD scratch removal kit... and we found it at Challenger~

Ok now I'm not a lobster, I'm pink dolphin... my tender new skin got sunburnt....



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



 
eXTReMe Tracker