>Home

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

babok club gathering

Last night we had our second Babok Club gathering of the year. Song Qian and I have been talking about meeting up for so many times that I really feel glad to see him last night. (er Wei Guang I can see in lecture leh... Janan, hmm.. not as close I guess) Everyone seems to have survived the exam (physically).

It was Janan who suggested we meet at Chinatown, later I realise he wanted to eat har juen gai (prawn paste chicken). Among the 4 of us Janan is the only non-cantonese, so we were making fun of his pronouciation (we said things like pak cheon gai.. hit-the-wall chicken.. so mean of us!) So we went up to Chinatown Complex hawker centre, but the cooked food stall was closed, so I suggested a place called Fatty Ox at Maxwell. We passed by a dessert stall where SQ stopped by and talked cock with a man. Later he told me that's his father.. what the.. looks different from the other time I saw him. Oh by the way SQ lives above the Chinatown Complex, so cool right?

The first time I visited Fatty Ox was 13 years ago. The food there is nice lor! And the boss is nice also! We spent like $11 per person for the chicken, gulu pork, veggie, tofu pot, fried rice, and free soup + dessert! We were quite funny, me and SQ like quite pro in eating Cantonese food, so we more or less monopolized the ordering process (minus Janan's favourite prawn paste chicken). After that we took a walk back to Chinatown Complex where we had Wuerstelstand German Sausage and dessert at the hawker centre. Haha so funny, I tried SQ's recommendation called the man tau long which isn't bad. (refer to photo below)

So we talked about school, CCAs, etc. I dunno, Janan hasn't change much but my perception of him seems to have differed from before, when we were all in AJC ODAC. Maybe I am the one who have changed , getting less tolerant of talkative people, less tolerant of people denouncing your idea... YES, that's the one. I don't like people rebutting your ideas without going through their thinking process (ie the moment you finish your sentence they say a big NO to you), blindly defending their own views. Now I think it is my problem...

But still, really happy to see SQ! =) (SQ is a Chow too~!)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



 
eXTReMe Tracker