>Home

Saturday, November 26, 2005

when helping just backfires

My brother told me something that pissed me off equally.
Okay he is in his final year of mechanical engineering, so everyone is busy with their final year project. His classmate was having problem connecting his gadget to his laptop via the LPT port, I think new laptops don't come with LPT port... do they? Coincidentally my brother's laptop has, so that guy borrowed the laptop from my brother and happy work on his final year project.

It has been quite a long time, so my brother went to ask that guy when will he finish using our laptop. He said haven't. After a while, my brother asked him again, and he told my brother that the prof said need to wait or stuffs like that, so couldn't return our laptop. Oh, he told my brother this: "cher, how much does your laptop cost!" And according to my brother, nowadays they bump into each other as if they don't know each other. The laptop is still not returned.

What the freak! Firstly, shouldn't he have the courtesy to inform/request the owner for extension? Secondly, the "how much" comment was really crap. Hello? Who is asking for help from who? If he really thinks the help is worthless, why didn't he go and buy a laptop with LPT port or whatever? It is like you feed a dog and the dog bites you...

That's why sometimes I am so reluctant to help people, knowing that most people don't appreciate it. On the other hand, my brother is quite willing to help "friends". There was once he lend a CD to his friend, who return it dunno how many months later. It was am empty case. Hello? He got hungry and ate the CD like a donut is it?

A friend in need is a friend indeed, but when he has finished needing you, you worth less than crap.



8 Comments:

  • that guy's an idiot...
    ur brother's sounds like a nice guy..
    lemme drift away for a bit. the thing is that there are ppl like your brother, so we always tell these nice ppl nt to be so nice, then end up the world dun haf so many nice ppl and we lament that the world dun haf enough nice ppl...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/26/2005 11:49:00 PM  

  • But I think nice is an understatement. You cant be so nice that people end up taking advantage of you, thats when u gotta stand up for yourself. And I dont think that would make you "un-nice"

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/27/2005 12:36:00 AM  

  • ok, maybe not "nice" and "un-nice" people, but people who would willingly give help without hesitation or making one feel guilty asking for help..

    but you are right, have to stand up for oneself. SH, tell your brother that!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/27/2005 12:54:00 AM  

  • Am i making sense? haha.. sorry, I was multi-tasking(i.e talking on the phone, on msn with 2 ppl, updating my blog, editing photos) while replying your comment..
    If it doesn't make sense sorry about it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/27/2005 01:09:00 AM  

  • huh? what sense?

    actually the problem with my brother is he always think ppl are nice then end up they are baskets.. it is worse when it is a big group, then everyone's idea is different... you just don't know how the others view a particular person.

    if you want to compare who is nicer, I think I'm nicer than him. No la, actually very seldom ppl will compare themselves with their siblings ono who is nicer... but he claims that I'm super naive.

    I still buy what o~d said.

    By Blogger chillycraps, at 11/27/2005 08:17:00 AM  

  • Chow.. you are NAIVE. Thats why we took advantage of you for our CTW-IPC project. ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/27/2005 02:31:00 PM  

  • I kinda agree with you... some people just take it for granted and may even accuse of having motives. Normally i will just never help such people again....

    By Blogger Huan Jin, at 11/27/2005 06:06:00 PM  

  • o~d: thx lor... serve, strike and not to yield.. come ppl come and bully me!

    hj: yeah, but kind of sad reality also...

    By Blogger chillycraps, at 11/27/2005 09:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 
eXTReMe Tracker