>Home

Monday, August 21, 2006

four million smiles and one indirect kiss

Had lunch yesterday at Imperial Treasure at Marina Square. Realise bad service can really spoil one's clear judgement.

Waited at the entrance for about 3 minutes and noone bothered to attend to us. Then when I requested to change to a quieter table (the one we were at was facing the concourse with electrical goods roadshow), the waitress stared at me. While taking the orders the manager looked at my brother as if he was speaking some new-found language. And when my glass of tea came, it came with a complimentary lips mark. (er perhaps even if there wasn't a mark, it may not necessarily be clean too) With our mood spoilt, how to enjoy the food?

Geographically, Marina Square is just beside Suntec where the Singapore 2006 meetings will be held. It won't be surprising to have some of the visitors spill over to Marina Square, I suppose? Maybe they discriminate against locals, I don't know.



4 Comments:

  • i'm a regular there, though i'm more often there during non-peak hours. the service is generally not that bad when they have enough manpower.

    and try talking to the older staff in chinese, the older staff are mostly locals and they like to chat. even if your chinese's bad, they like you. ignore the younger prc staff, they are not that good.

    By Blogger xxoos, at 8/21/2006 06:41:00 PM  

  • the thing is, I talked to the older staff, in fluent Mandarin AND Cantonese, didn't make any contact with PRC staff, etc etc...

    Think Crystal Jade makes a better choice.

    By Blogger chillycraps, at 8/21/2006 09:20:00 PM  

  • I think I have been there before (near the Kenny Rogers rite?). Service generally ok, and they changed a dish for me when I was dis-satisfied with it.

    Mebbe its the occasionally slip?

    Did you sound them out on the glass, and did they give you discount or anything?

    By Blogger Alex Wong, at 8/22/2006 11:41:00 AM  

  • yup it is opposite kenny rogers.

    Yup they changed the cup for me (or rather, wipe the mark, cos the speed at which they changed the cup and fill it was way too fast)

    No discount also.

    the food isn't fantastic either. Will stick to CJ.

    By Blogger chillycraps, at 8/22/2006 12:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 
eXTReMe Tracker