>Home

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

books and bookie

The first half of my honeymoon week 1 was busy with selling textbooks. So far I've sold 5 textbooks, not bad huh?

Can't help feeling a bit sad, cos all my books are dear to me. I kept them in the condition as though they just came off from the bookstore's shelf. But I know they are slowly on the way to the rubbish bin too, I remember how I felt when I threw away my primary school textbooks. Anyway most important is the books can help other people.

Want to hear my 5-books (the oldest book is 5 years old) successful story? No. Commercial secret =P But I do provide after-sale service too (learned from my temp assignment with HP) There was this yr 1 Science Fac girl who bought my physics text, she asked for my MSN so that she can ask me if she doesn't understand anything... with my grades not like I can help her much though...

The thing that troubled me a little was that the Physics department has decided to change the main text for Physics I. That means, my Physics text had devalued, in a way. So I was quite pissed off when on the day of transaction the guy SMSed me saying he didn't want to buy the book anymore. I was like, what the, a book thrice the thickness of a yellowpages, I carried around in school whole day and then you said dunwan... But if I was in his smelly shoes I would have done the same too. Anyway some potential buyers sound like big shot in their messages. Nevermind, they are noobs.

I did something bad, went to Buybackasia's sale at YIH and approached anyone who seemed interested in the text. Anyway the price set was ridiculous: $56, when a brand new one cost less thant $50.

Worker's Party said, "You have a choice."
No?



2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



 
eXTReMe Tracker