>Home

Monday, June 05, 2006

work work

First day of work today at a particular Japanese factory very close to my place. Bus fare was 64cents, so you can imagine how close the workplace is.

I wasn't the only new bird today, there was a kid from Nanyang Polytechnic on industrial attachement. Quite interesting to watch him stick up his foot and sleep at the reception area, of course this guy (pointing to myself) from NUS tried very hard not to bring shame to the school, especially when people asked where am I studying. (that brought a bit of pressure to behave myself) Maybe I should have told people I'm from SMU engineering.

First day of work and already became centre of office politics cum internal struggle. HR department snatched me away to do staff appraisal. They even wanted me to change place with a girl already working in the department... Sigh, aunties.

Anyway, quite touched to know that my immediate boss has been working there for 20 years, and still talks very passionately about his company. Oh if you are wondering what's my jobscope, maybe you should read more about Edwards Deming. (by the way, I didn't get this job from those big job agencies)



7 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



 
eXTReMe Tracker