>Home

Saturday, May 06, 2006

giam crab

Had quite an interesting Manpower Branch gathering last night. (somehow I'm always the organiser...)

We were at Bugis, since a while ago I saw Zhonghua in school he suggested Tian Tian Steamboat, ended up Zhonghua was meeting his friends to eat THERE last night, so he didn't join us for meal. Let me see, we had Samson, Doreen, Jason Chung, Pee, Kenneth, Hon and Seong Per. Tong SMSed me in the morning he had a fever, Jeffrey asked me who's going, then later said he not free -_-", Alex not free, Michael caught in traffic from Malaysia, Alvin was too busy to answer my phone and later replied my SMS said he's busy with work (while we were already eating). 8 people were still quite a group.

Kenneth didn't like Tian Tian cos its advertisement on TV Mobile pissed him off every morning (then he recited the advertisement), so we went to Billy Bomber's at Bugis Junction. No table, had to wait half an hour, so we conveniently went to the restaurant opposite Billy Bomber's, ermm.. called Barnsburry.

The food there wasn't cheap, and the service.. hmm... have you read my entry on Pizza Hut? We waited for more than half an hour before the food came. But at least we crapped a lot, so wasn't that annoyed by the waiting. We said things like water need to distill, reverse osmosis, go through NEWater plant, then what need to go Cold Storage buy veggie, need to plant coffee beans, need to pluck cola beans, cow hasn't grown up... and you know what Pee did? He did hand signals to people at the entrance waiting to be served, making a cross with his index fingers and tapping his watch hinting to them "don't eat here, long waiting time!" and those people really listened to our advice and went away~! Since then I didn't see new customer coming in...

I ordered the set meal with seafood platter, dessert, soup, coffee... I must say for the seafood platter I could see the plate clearly, but where's the food? (reminds me of the cute spaghetti at Arts canteen) I believe that was softshell crab, but tasted like salty fish~ (oh we joked about the soup was diluted Campbell soup) Then the coffee tasted like grease. eek. I was trying to drown the foul smell by adding more sugar, then Pee and Kenneth dumped 2 more packets of sugar into my cup of coffee... when I finished the last drip of my coffee, I could see a mountain of brown sugar at the bottom...

After that we went to McDonald's, thanks to the 2 smokers. We chatted mostly on the election (not gonna elaborate here) and it's interesting that 3 of them are civil servants! Ok hush hush.

Again, I realise I was the youngest in the group.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



 
eXTReMe Tracker