>Home

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

reject

I can't help feeling a bit like backside itchy, not literally. I'm looking for temp job assignment for my school vacation, but so far I've rejected all offers. -_-"

Went to Alexandra this morning for the first interview (of the day). It felt weird to go back to your old workplace, and your former employer! Cos everything seemed so familar to you, every gantry, every glass panel, every tile... They wanted me to start work tomorrow, which I can't, so regrettably I had to reject the offer, though I was quite keen on that assignment.

Afternoon I had another interview at Raffles' Place. Shift basis, weekends inclusive. Reject.

I have my reason for being picky, cos of family commitment. (not to the extent of "yeah you love your family so much you can sit at home till August") So, to people out there still hunting for jobs, there ARE jobs out there, just whether you want to take them up or not.

I'm just curious, what kind of attire do you think is acceptable/suitable for job interview? I thought it was bad enough when I saw a guy with office attire + sports shoes the other time. Today, umm... saw gangster look, piercing.... Maybe my brother is right, depends on what kind of job those guys were looking for. Full time gangster/prankster?



5 Comments:

  • hmm.. being picky is good.. but muz see which situation ya?? if it doesn't suit wad u're lookin for.. then why work in a place where u're unhappy??? right??

    By Blogger DJ Niwde, at 5/02/2006 09:07:00 PM  

  • I just finished reading a self-improvement book. It says that one shouldn't go for interest when looking for jobs, unless money is no longer your problem then you can pursue jobs for interest. Not sure how true, but no harm IF the job is something you like, right?

    By Blogger chillycraps, at 5/02/2006 09:33:00 PM  

  • well, my cousin likes her current job which is not too highly paid but ok, and she's happy with it... it's possible, though slightly difficult.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/02/2006 10:24:00 PM  

  • Hey i'm looking for a job too!!! Hah but i'm picky also lah. Pay must be enough, timing must be right, haha that's why it's hard to get a job.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/03/2006 02:25:00 AM  

  • it is easy to make it harder to find jobs....

    By Blogger chillycraps, at 5/03/2006 07:43:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 
eXTReMe Tracker