>Home

Friday, January 06, 2006

calendar cube

Yesterday I was with Stephanie at Junction 8, then we went to Action City and saw this table top calendar thingy. The funny thing about us is that when we go out we always look at things around us and start to examine them closely..(we even discussed about some window display design...reminds me of my father) so we were thinking how they manage to present 31 days with 2 cubes, or more precisely how to squeeze 10 integers (0-9) onto 6 surfaces. Stephanie was saying they use the same integer for 6 and 9. (at first I thought it is not scientific, but now I realise it is the way. 3 cheers for Faculty of Arts and Social SCIENCE)

Actually I thought about it a few weeks ago when Stephanie and I visited her friend Pearlin's pushcart at Century Square. The following is my finding:

Cos there are 01 to 09, 10 to 19, 20 to 29, so we need both cubes to have 0,1 and 2. As for 3 to 9, they must be shared among the remaining 6 surfaces. 7 integers within 6 surfaces, so no choice 6 and 9 have to share.

Eh if you are wondering why I didn't pick up the display set to find the answer, cos the display set had the cubes missing -_-"



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



 
eXTReMe Tracker