>Home

Saturday, December 10, 2005

homing pig

Didn't go climbing today cos... Alex didn't go. And also I wanted to see how life would be if it is a little different from usual. Anyway my fingers did use strength today, helpping my mother carry stuffs from supermarket. -_-" yeah hairy porter... that's the term I call myself whenever I have to carry bags of things for her.

The Christmas long weekend is around the corner, and my mother seems keen to go somewhere for a holiday. So we went to look around the tour agencies for some package. I myself ain't keen on anything more than 1 day, cos I want to sleep at home. On top of that, I really love this safety zone aka Singapore. It's my home. I always feel disgusted with our neighbouring countries... sorry but that's words from my heart. Sometimes it seems ironic that an outdoor person doesn't want to go out of the comfort zone. We wanted to go 1D Kukup, but all the slots have been fully booked, so after some hestitation we decided on some 2D1N Putra Jaya. Later my brother pulled me to one side and lectured me about my lack of interest. Yes sir yes sir 3 bags full.... (he was an army officer anyway. Nevermind another story)

Later on my brother went off to meet his friends, so my mother and I went to Sheng Siong @ Tekka. Wow guess what, I saw Sheng Siong's boss!!! And what's more, he was arranging the goods on the shelves!! That's the kind of leadership style that I respect. A lot of the times when people rise up, they forget where they came from but rather enjoy the newly attained status/power/luxury/etc. Same as when politicians go to heartland to kiss hand shake baby.. i mean shake hand kiss baby. Somehow feel touched seeing Sheng Siong's boss working so hard. Oh by the way, Sheng Siong is selling a lot of Hello Kitty snacks. o^-^o

On the way back, it rained! It was so sunny in the morning, unbelievable. So my mother and I were stranded at the bus stop. As I looked at the rainy scene, I couldn't help thinking how cosy it would be if I didn't step out of home, then I wouldn't need to get myself wet.

Andre Gide said, "One doesn't discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time" But why must I go and discover new lands when I'm happy with my own shore?

See? I'm easily satisfied.



2 Comments:

  • wow... never knew you were Hairy... haha, ok ok... now we ALL Know...

    and look how the tables have turned? haha, used to blame you for not climbing, now my turn liao... -_-"

    Last Point.... Sheng Siong is a pretty cool organisation, I'm quite impressed with the leadership's commitment to improvement of staff. They have regular meetings, and pep talks every morning. Can't remember if they got review every evening or not. But feeling is, they are pretty much a one-big-family kinda organisation. You know... the old traditional chinese type culture.

    By Blogger Alex Wong, at 12/12/2005 08:39:00 AM  

  • I didn't hide my leg hair when I climb, did I??

    From what I know, Sheng Siong has a central kitchen where they cook lunch for the whole company, so all the staffs sort of eat the same rice. Yup the concept is pretty family-like.

    However my brother told me some negative experience. The other time he bought a pack of chocolate from Sheng Siong and later discovered it had been opened and scotch-taped back into shape. Hmm...

    And one thing I don't like, they put the ferrero-rocher-look-alike together with the real ferrero rocher. Maybe the pricetags are different but still I don't think it is right.

    By Blogger chillycraps, at 12/12/2005 08:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 
eXTReMe Tracker