>Home

Sunday, July 09, 2006

climb of the cheater-bug

Another climbing day yesterday at Yishun. This time we had Ah Bok and his friend. I've only met Bok once or twice more than a year ago, but I still remember him (while he doesn't remember me, bleh)

Didn't climb much though, only did lane 4 halfway, then felt sian cos the holds were all tiny, then went to do lane 6 grey, which was quite fun. Grey routes have lots of grey areas, such as white tiles that look grey, or any othre tiles covered with chalk. But it was fun to have people shouting behind me telling me which was the next tile, and Bernard giving tips on the next move. Panel 3 was disgusting, had to do a heel hook. I don't feel comfortable raising my foot above my shoulder level, but it sure looked breathtaking from behind. It took my breath too.

And when you are tired, you anyhow climb. Didn't bother about the colours anymore, and I received lots of complaints of cheating from behind =P The worst was when you stepped on a wrong foothold that you couldn't see. When I finished my climb and Junjie attempted the same route, Kai Sing came over and asked "so, did he cheat, like you?" My bad.

Funny things happened, Ah Bok was belaying his friend then he slipped, (doing those funny jumps when taking in rope) when his friend was all well on the wall. Then Angie used the words "sucks" and "repellent" to describe that Henry-fella. And Jason the "noisy person" didn't join us...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



 
eXTReMe Tracker