>Home

Friday, July 07, 2006

dinner with ambassador

Do you know that other than the Indian ambassador and Pakistani ambassador, I have 2 other ambassador friends --- God's ambassadors.

Last night I had dinner with HJ at a little cafe at Liang Seah Street. Didn't know that street is so vibrant in the evening. We even saw Tiong Chuan eating Katong Laksa with his friend...

Seemed like we were the cafe's first customers of the evening. The funny thing was the ceiling was leaking water from broken sprinkler pipe, yet the cafe didn't have containers to catch the water. The food was nice, but I believe it's the people that matter more than the food.

Somehow dining with HJ is like dining with Alex, just that HJ is a better listener while Alex needs a listener. Oh both are Christian by the way, spiritually they are closer to God than I do, but physically the tip of my head is closer to heaven than both of them. In between bites of the fusion food we talked about his trip to China, about Christianity, about study, about society, about my problem. I surprised myself when I talked freely about why I blah blah blah... and HJ accepted my rationale. Phew.

Both of us studied SC1101E Making Sense of Society in semester 1, so our conversation had terms like "state violence", "cult theory", "ethnocentrism". So if you are looking for a meaningful module that you can apply in real life, consider SC1101E!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



 
eXTReMe Tracker