>Home

Friday, June 23, 2006

watch out

Not sure if it's retribution for THIS, I scratched my beloved Victorinox Swiss Army watch yesterday...

It was a very obvious scratch, ermm 3 scratches to be exact, think got it from the staircase stainless steel handrail. (and Alex got his from the escalator) Can't help feeling a bit sad.

I remember the time when I scratched my first watch, some 15 years ago. Is it the inevitable to scratch one's watch? I'm a very property kind of person. Felt sad when someone borrowed my eraser and rubbed away the sharp edges. Felt sad when my Nalgene bottle got its first scratch. Felt sad when someone tossed my carabiner.

Ah well, my father used to say every object on earth has its lifespan. My watch... it is still rugged, it got quite a hard knock, and it was not some hi-tech sapphire crystal cover, just plastic.



4 Comments:

  • "Unscratchable".. hehz.. think of it like... WRINKLES on a person's face! As time pass, the scratches on your watch will be proof of its age and hardiness!
    Ok, not very convincing, esp. when I imagine the scratches.. No need sad! Your watch still works!

    By Blogger tstar, at 6/23/2006 10:42:00 PM  

  • tstar: actually how many young people use the same watch for more than 10 years?

    hi prof! How much commission do I get? =P

    By Blogger chillycraps, at 6/24/2006 05:18:00 PM  

  • well... its ok la... I got 1 scratch from Escalator...you got 3 from staircase... *grin*....

    But bottomline, its still working, and its still a brillant watch. I'll just continue using it until it gets worse then I'll change the glass or polish the metal parts.

    At the end of the day, its normal wear and tear. We have to get over it. haha

    By Blogger Alex Wong, at 6/24/2006 06:00:00 PM  

  • yeah, I'm not that sad over it now.. told myself it's supposed to be Swiss Army watch, ruggedness means have to face this kind of thing.

    Just can't understand, why smooth stainless steel can cause such damage... the knock must be very hard.

    By Blogger chillycraps, at 6/24/2006 06:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 
eXTReMe Tracker