>Home

Saturday, February 25, 2006

sharing your love

I dunno, but nowadays everyone is like carrying Nalgene/Nalgene-look-alike-aka-fake-Nalgene bottles everywhere. I can't help feeling a little sad, it is like someone has snatched your love away, or someone just got his/her dirty fingers on your love.... that sort of things. Well, thanks to Sports Connection I must say. And no, I don't like Deuter cos it has become a fashion statement more than an outdoor equipment. (Sports Connection is the distributor of Deuter backpacks)

SOMETIMES I feel equally sad when I see people hanging fake carabiners on their bags for decoration. Ermm at least it is printed explicitly "NOT FOR CLIMBING". How lame. Not really, some water is not for drinking afterall.

If you are wondering why my dearest Nalgene bottle has no markings (it has, at the bottom and on the cover), well you can try bringing it on expeditions, place it inside a fibre glass kayak, or just have it with you long enough.

Its scratch-marks are like old buddy's wrinkles.



5 Comments:

  • Haha, I agree with the nalgene comments... but hor... since I use those "fake" crabs... I must defend. Sometimes, it is for decoration... (looks nice mah!), other times its a useful tool when you go trekking... or tours. Works great when holding up plastic bags in tour buses and temporary dustbins!!

    Come on! I'm sure you can think of other great ways to use the "fake" crabs.... Its a good thing!!

    By Blogger Alex Wong, at 2/25/2006 10:51:00 PM  

  • WOW long time no see, Wongsan!

    hmm... fake crabs... actually they do come in handy in some situations, like going shopping with my mother and too lazy to hold on to the plastic bags on the bus, etc etc.

    For decoration.. hmmm... ok, but I guess it will be too extra if I hang REAL crabs on my bag. Not forgetting I already lost one REAL crab which I hung on my bag. Heart pain.

    By Blogger chillycraps, at 2/26/2006 09:09:00 PM  

  • haha... v.long? awhile la... :)

    see la... go and put real crab... hahahahaha....

    By Blogger Alex Wong, at 2/26/2006 10:24:00 PM  

  • Wah, I so agree with you Mr Hangman.

    May I add I find pple who use rockclimbing pouches to put their handphones and misc. stuff also a tad overboard in trying to keep up with the fashion.
    We have bags for that, not chalk bags -_-"

    Reminds me of people who modify their cars for that extra 5hp and fill the entire windscreen and sides with tons of stickers, as if each sticker gives another 5hp.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/27/2006 08:16:00 PM  

  • yo Janan!

    haha guess the stickers will end up blocking the driver's view. Reminds me of those country club membership stickers on the windscreen that sort of denotes how rich that guy is.

    Fashion... guess people who try to keep up with fashion are just slaves of fashion.

    By Blogger chillycraps, at 2/27/2006 08:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 
eXTReMe Tracker