>Home

Friday, February 24, 2006

elevator button

Was taking the elevator at Computer Centre this morning with a man. He entered before me, and pressed the button 3 and 4. How did he know that I was going to 3rd floor? Couldn't I go to 2nd floor? I guess it was a sign of... goodwill? Or maybe he was too lazy/shy to ask me which floor was I going.

That reminds me of those old elevators in old HDB flats. I remember my block used to have those antique lifts with only 3 buttons: 1, 6 and 12 (obviously there were the open, close and alarm buttons -_-"), then people always press both 6 and 12 when they were sharing the ride up with others.

That saved the dunno how many joules of energy for asking.



3 Comments:

  • Well... maybe people just don't want to talk in the morning. Easier to just press the button.

    When I took the lift at my grandma's place, the person at the buttons wld ask which floor (no, I didn't stare at my feet and point at the nice, blue floor), the person being asked would answer either 1, 5, 9, 12, and then reach over and press the button him/herself...

    By Blogger tstar, at 2/24/2006 03:22:00 PM  

  • haha now that you say it, I realise people ask me which floor, I would answer them and still press the button myself =P

    don't want to trouble others ma.

    Sometimes when you share a lift with a stranger, and you happen to enter first, I would hold on to the open button, wait for him/her to press his floor's button, then I press mine. Doesn't harm to be cautious.

    And some freaky neighbours, live here 10 over years already still ask "you just shifted in ar? never see u before..." and they have the cheek to ask the same question everyday like that...

    By Blogger chillycraps, at 2/24/2006 04:26:00 PM  

  • hahaha... your neighbours are GOOD! isit coz everyday different shirt so they cannot recognize.. haha.. shucks, can't stop laughing...

    so u r one of those persons who answer then still press button! haha, true lah, but still kind of rude i feel.. and i'm guilty of the other ppl ask then i press button myself thing... hehz.. it's more of an automatic thing though..

    er, don't think anybody would want to zhan ni de pian yi ba... *raise eyebrow*

    By Blogger tstar, at 2/24/2006 04:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 
eXTReMe Tracker