>Home

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

filial piety

Last night my mother came back a little late for dinner. Usually she will reach home at 730pm, but yesterday she was only back at 8pm. Hmm... how to describe my feeling? Not exactly happy that she didn't call back, but I also can't fault her since she was at work, not as if she went shopping or what. Maybe at some point I was worried (she didn't pick up my calls), which reminds me of what Alex said about "dunno how to react if something happens to her".

To those who think I'm filial, no I'm not, I'm just doing what a son should do I guess. Sometimes people don't understand why I need to rush home to cook dinner, say I can ask my mother to buy back dinner. But isn't it welcoming when you come back from a tiring day of work and dinner is ready to be served? One of the reasons why I didn't choose to stay in hostel is because my brother is already staying in hostel. For my 2 years in NS my mother has been staying alone most of the time, oh haha some of them know that occasionally I would slip home during weekdays.

Almost everyday my mother would talk about happenings at her work place, grumble a bit, etc. How would it be if she has noone to talk to about these? Talking to aunties is quite different from talking to son... Haha there were a few times my mother was telling me I must find some friends and have social life (like my brother I guess...haha)

Sigh. I guess I will have to continue cooking dinner for the next 4 years, since my brother will graduate next year and start working. Yes yes 4 years ago Pauline was saying whoever got married to me will be damn fortunate. Should be whoever got married to me, I will still be damn suay.



7 Comments:

  • You are filial, even if you don't realise it yet.

    What irony it is in life, that the filial do not know that they are, and those who are not, mistakenly think that they are!

    I suppose it is somewhat in-grained. People who are filial are do things naturally, and do not see how what they did is a sign of filial piety. And those who are not, might try to do what little out of a "should" or out of some other motivation, which falls short of being filial, but they think they are.....

    Ah.... such complex creatures are humans....

    By Blogger Alex Wong, at 11/15/2005 08:41:00 AM  

  • i really didn't realize that there are such phenomenom.

    just like a devil who does good deeds and an angel who plays punk once in a while...

    By Blogger chillycraps, at 11/15/2005 09:01:00 AM  

  • wanted to tag this much earlier on but didnt, hehz...

    alex is right... i've nv tot of it that way before.. filial piety.. hmm, i always hear my parents nagging about this.. makes me feel guilty...

    and u cld always marry somebody who cooks to cook for u so u nt suay! a chef wld be nice! haha..

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/15/2005 07:51:00 PM  

  • a chef would be nice... you mean the male or the female??

    you are the elder sis of cos they will expect a bit more from you than from your sister ma..

    By Blogger chillycraps, at 11/15/2005 10:26:00 PM  

  • wat do u mean by male or female?

    yar, i know.. but i'm stubborn... nt only my sis,my bro too...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/16/2005 09:13:00 AM  

  • how do i know, you said "a chef wld be nice", how i do know u are referring to a chef would be nice as a husband or a chef would be nice as a wife??????????

    different implication lor!
    wow cool u have a bro too.

    By Blogger chillycraps, at 11/16/2005 12:00:00 PM  

  • oh, haha, ok. I meant it in your case. So it's a wife, unless you are thinking of getting a husband... hmm...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/16/2005 05:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 
eXTReMe Tracker