>Home

Monday, November 14, 2005

Z Gundam -- A New Translation

I'm not sure if that's disappointment written on my face. Maybe people are placing too much expectation on it, especially fans of Gundam. In May 2005, Sunrise released the movie Z Gundam part I in Japanese cinemas. This is dunno the how many times that Sunrise is re-releasing old stuffs. The original Z Gundam is a TV series released in 1985, I myself having watched the series twice. The other times Sunrise was re-releasing things were for the original Gundam, and in Gundam Evolve.

I just finished watching it today, and... well, I must say they did redraw some of the scenes, and some CG were included as well. For part I they are focusing on the atmospheric decend and attack on Jaburo. Since they are summarizing it into a3 part movies, a lot of details were omitted. But for people who have never watched the original Z Gundam, you may feel like it has no head no tail. Names like Amuro Rey and Char Aznable may come across as strangers.

Yup I'm kinda die hard fans of Gundam. Let me see... I've watched MS Gundam, 08th MS Team, Gundam 0080, Gundam 0083, Z Gundam, ZZ Gundam, Char's Counterattack, Gundam F91, V Gundam, W Gundam, Gundam X, Turn A Gundam, Gundam Seed, Gundam Seed Destiny, Gundam Evolve, MS Igloo... well that's about all that they have anyway. Oh, playing with Bandai plastic figurines doesn't make you a Gundam fans, trust me. And just watching anything after G Gundam also doesn't make you a Gundam fans, cos those series sucks to the core. Nothing beats the storyline in Universal Century, ie from MS Gundam to V Gundam. Gundam is not about robots and robots and robots, but also politics, ideals, beliefs, love, friendship... but the new story lines are getting more and more shallow, that's why people who likes the new series and still claim they are Gundam fans are really frogs in the well.

Maybe I just love old things. Old series, old songs, old lovers.
Ok I sound like a Gundam freak. Cos I am.



6 Comments:

  • (in a small tiny voice) wah seh, and i was telling myself juz yesterday tat i wan to watch gundam seed from e beginning...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/14/2005 11:18:00 PM  

  • er.. what's the problem with that?

    haha oh no I found something common again!!

    so you are watching it for the boys, the robots or for the storyline??

    By Blogger chillycraps, at 11/15/2005 06:36:00 AM  

  • (in an extra tiny voice) everything?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/15/2005 10:13:00 AM  

  • hello?? you just kept your voice low so that I have to lean close to you to hear your voice is it???

    hmm ok. Usually girls who watch Gundam watch it cos they want to check out the boys...

    I still think that the earlier series are more meaningful.

    By Blogger chillycraps, at 11/15/2005 10:20:00 AM  

  • i shld b shouting from now on then..haha.. no, i was whispering coz i quote, "haha oh no I found something common again!!"
    nt tat it wld haf made any difference, but drama! drama, my fren!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/15/2005 10:50:00 AM  

  • sheeez dramatic girl......

    arghhh no no no cannot roleplay!!!

    By Blogger chillycraps, at 11/15/2005 11:01:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 
eXTReMe Tracker