>Home

Monday, May 08, 2006

supply and/or demand

I was at Bukit Panjang area when a job agent called me today. He wanted me to go down to his office at Tampines in one hour's time, I was like... err... and it was 3pm when he called. So I asked him, is there a job assignment for me, he said yes. SO, he agreed to push back the timing by one hour and I rushed down to the other end of the island.

Same ritual, fill form, let him zap your identity card, interview. When the interview had ended, I asked what's the pay, THEN he quoted me a price below my expectation. Hello, did he read my resume? I stated clearly there my expected salary. If you don't have a job that suits me, why call me down? Hello, transport isn't free. I know he got paid to be at his office, but I don't get paid to be at his office.

Feeling kinda pissed at that job agency, cos I've had around 3 interviews with them and all 3 ended up like that. When I asked them on the phone, they either say must wait till I go down for interview to see what job suits me, OR, say already got job for me. (today's is more freaky, I told him I didn't have my certs with me, he said nevermind, can send him the resume after I got home. Erm didn't he receive my resume in order to be able to call me?)

I'm looking for jobs, not begging. Maybe cos they earn less when people like me ask for more.
Sickening.



6 Comments:

  • hmm.. well.. tat's their way of makin money ma.. next time ask lor.. remember all the resume and salary expectations of yours.. then when they call.. ask them about the salary expectations.. hehe..

    By Blogger DJ Niwde, at 5/09/2006 12:41:00 AM  

  • Actually, I think job agencies take a percentage cut of your pay.... so technically if they can get you a higher paying job, they will get better commission.

    Conversely, it could be they have a job with your pay expectations, but after taking their cut.... the salary drops below your expectations. Makes sense?

    By Blogger Alex Wong, at 5/09/2006 11:25:00 AM  

  • but still, they should take into consideration I want to pocket the amount I stated, no?

    I know they are more than happy if I expect a lower pay. Let's say their client award them $1500, I ask for $1300, so they pocket $200!! BUT, if I wanted $1499, they can only take back 1 buck...

    Ahem, seems like MOM also dunno... =P (suaning in progress...)

    By Blogger chillycraps, at 5/09/2006 01:49:00 PM  

  • next time can ask over the phone before you make a trip down ba...

    but seriously, i think all agencies suck. be a free agent~ look for work yourself~ lol~

    By Blogger xxoos, at 5/09/2006 05:45:00 PM  

  • weird thing is I never experience such a thing although I've used plenty of job agencies before (well, enough anyway). I never send resume out though, just go straight there, fill in the form, go through interview, get our expectancies straight, wait for a call, over the phone discuss etc. Usually if I don't want the job I just refuse on the spot, no need to go all the way down. Maybe coz they nv interview/see you before, so have to go down regardless of what you state. Maybe you should put beside your expected salary : THIS is my expected salary, yes i checked it already. No need to call me if it falls below this. hehz, j.k..

    By Blogger tstar, at 5/09/2006 07:20:00 PM  

  • I ask over the phone they like to do taiji lor, push here push there, say must come down then discuss what job is suitable.

    The ridiculous thing is, it is the same job agency, I filled in the form 3 times, interviewed by 3 different staffs and ended up the same... And i have reason to believe that they throw away your application form once you step out of their office.

    Temp jobs ususally have to go through agents ba...

    By Blogger chillycraps, at 5/09/2006 08:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 
eXTReMe Tracker