>Home

Saturday, December 03, 2005

siu hang's comment on hanging

This is what I saw on a file-hosting web site:

We shall be happy to restore service following any positive move from the government of Singapore towards abolition of hanging as an execution method


Ermm, what has it got to do with the people of Singapore?

Read some reports in Straits Times as well. I like the one about why Australians are quiet about executing the Bali bomber but make so much noise about Mr Nguyen. I find it very ridiculous, if you don't want to be hanged, then don't touch drugs! (at least don't bring them into Singapore) Simple as that. Not as if they don't know drug trafficker will be hanged. THEY KNOW!! So what? If you want to sell drugs, go to other places?

It is like, I have a pot of cactus at home, you visit my place and play with my cactus, poke your itchy fingers, then accuse my cactus for hurting you, and insist I throw away my cactus. It's my home and I love cactus, why would you want to bother?

Naive.



7 Comments:

  • well you got the point on the drugs. I also do not understand why the hell in the world someone would want to bring in drugs into Singapore knowing that they will face death penalty if caught.
    But I think what the guys are trying to say is that maybe hanging is a bit "old" style execution method ? That is nowadays they either shoot in the head or use electrical chair

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/03/2005 05:45:00 PM  

  • hmm... but why didn't they consider lethal injection? seems a lot less painful.... if they are harping on the point about being barbaric.

    anyway why can't we say the pain is part of the punishment, just like caning... talking about package.

    By Blogger chillycraps, at 12/03/2005 06:14:00 PM  

  • Erm... I think lethal injection isn't as painless as people think it to be, I heard it somewhere, and you might want to confirm it.

    As for Drugs, my guess is the fella thought that he was in transit?? oh well.

    By Blogger Alex Wong, at 12/04/2005 12:06:00 AM  

  • well.. i better not comment.. since i'll be in a precocious position when i get back to australia.. but well.. capital punishment is a law here and i guess it will always be a law here.. henceforth.. if they're able to get through singapore customs.. it will mean that u know.. they're good.. but if not.. then i think they are prepared to face the death penalty ba..

    but in any case.. i think lethal injection is not as painless as it seems.. this is from what i know.. cuz i saw a documentary once.. lethal injection one.. the guy was not really sedated and then was given that lethal jab.. so he was dying a slow death.. however.. if the guy was sedated properly.. then i guess it might just be painless..

    By Blogger DJ Niwde, at 12/04/2005 12:23:00 AM  

  • why didn't corby's case last longer than nguyen's 3 years... I think i'm going to be very sarcastic. corby's female and is a pretty face... well, supposed to be... please don't condemn me for the underlying meaning in the above sentence...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/04/2005 01:09:00 PM  

  • tstar: I still don't get your point...

    alex: how would you want me to confirm whether lethal injection is painful or not?

    By Blogger chillycraps, at 12/04/2005 07:54:00 PM  

  • read the papers today.. got new development.. actually, his brother also a trafficker himself.. so.. should we pity them???

    By Blogger DJ Niwde, at 12/04/2005 11:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 
eXTReMe Tracker