>Home

Friday, March 17, 2006

small is really small

Went to Spinelli at University Hall with Stephanie yesterday, think she has been eyeing on the cheese cake for a long time. That was my first time walking into University Hall building and the cafe was really cosy, a sharp contrast to the rush behind the glass panels.

Steph ordered a piece of "Classic Philly Cheesecake" while I ordered a small cup of hot chocolate. The staff who served us said that "small is really small", and he showed us the biggest paper cup and smallest paper cup for comparison, desperately trying to convince me to pay extra. I stood firm, and politely with a smile I confirmed my preference.

Later Steph said the staff was like looking down on me, but actually if we look at it from the positve side, he could be concerned that I didn't know how small is small, and ended up ordering the wrong choice. Still pretty weird that they have drinks in 3 sizes and still feel shocked at customer choosing the smallest one.

It proved to be a wise choice to have ordered the small serving, since it was just nice to go with the super cheesy cheesecake. It wasn't that small afterall. And the art on the top of the hot choc was simply fantastic! That's the first real coffee art I've seen in my life!

Right mood, right food, right place.



5 Comments:

  • u mean "hot choc art"... hehz..

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/18/2006 10:05:00 AM  

  • do i have to heat the chalk up?

    By Blogger chillycraps, at 3/18/2006 05:40:00 PM  

  • yah uni hall cafe is a good place to go to

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/19/2006 01:45:00 AM  

  • my uni got a lot of cafes around.. even in the mechanical engineering building.. inside the building.. ground floor.. just right next to the lift there is a cafe.. think if i were to count the number of cafes.. should have about 10 or 15??

    the Uni walk already has 2 cafes liaoz.. hahahaha..

    By Blogger DJ Niwde, at 3/19/2006 07:24:00 AM  

  • to hj: but things aren't cheap there...

    to dj_niwde: I think the culture is different in Australia, i guess cafes are common on the streets too?

    By Blogger chillycraps, at 3/19/2006 08:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



 
eXTReMe Tracker